- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
- Onion markets see regionalization
- Mexican table grape industry challenged to ship 25 million boxes in 10 weeks
- Dominican Republic pineapples selling well in Europe
- Australian mango industry to receive a $2.7million boost through two major projects
- “Harvest of the early cherry varieties has already started”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
KWS Potato start new Dutch improvement station
In Nagele, situated in the Northeast, KWS increases its premises at its centre for seed-potatoes. The Dutch subsidiary KWS POTATO BV will from here further coordinate the worldwide potato activities and develop these. Cultivation, production and sales are combined for this by KWS POTATO. On an area of 96 HA of agricultural land a 2,000 m2 large hall was erected with cool and climate areas, basis laboratories and office building within a period of a year. In the Spring of 2014 a glasshouse with an area of about 2,200 m2 will complete the infrastructure.
Worldwide research network
The new improvement station is a vital part of the worldwide KWS research network. It offers sufficient space for demonstration and testing fields for all kinds of culture crops of the KWS group, such as sugar beet, maize and grain. "In Nagele however, the emphasis is clearly on potatoes," Heike Draisbach, directress of KWS POTATO, stresses. "As we have recently announced already our basic activity is about the development of products for the worldwide growing processing sector and for the traditional export markets."
Transfer of knowledge
The new improvement station has already been part of the production portfolio of KWS since the twenties. With the cultivation of potatoes we are in the transfer of knowledge from other plants. With modern improvement methods, for instance molecular technologies, we want to define the potato anew," Peter Hofmann, head of the KWS department for sugar beets and potatoes says. "In the long term we want to become a market leader in the technological area of the potato market. The new improvement station is a critical element in this."
The chairman of NAO and of Europatat, Kees van Arendonk, says: "New potato varieties are the best guarantee for a dynamic and healthy market, for a continuous growth of the worldwide potato production and for a quick growth of the potato processing industry."
Lasting and efficient production
"The seed and seed-potato supply a decisive addition to the lasting development of agriculture. The permanent improvement of the genetic potential plays a key factor, so that the worldwide agricultural production has been equal to the demand for decades already: Philip von dem Bussche, CEO of KWS SAAT AG stresses. "Thanks to the new improvement station in Nagele we can speed up the development of new varieties, optimize processes even better and grow high-grade potatoes durably and efficiently."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-19 Onion markets see regionalization
- 2022-05-19 "Imperial Valley experienced some heat recently so we are trying to get onions out the door as quickly as possible”
- 2022-05-19 Dry situation in much of Northern Europe leads to concerns about early potato crop
- 2022-05-18 1,000+ delegates and 60 guest speakers to attend World Potato Congress in Ireland
- 2022-05-18 Vidalias move into storage as harvest finishes
- 2022-05-18 McDonald's Taiwan temporarily stops serving french fries
- 2022-05-17 Potato planting in Belarus over
- 2022-05-17 Mexican potato producers speak out against US potato imports
- 2022-05-17 The potato and onion production that still hasn't been harvested in l'Horta and La Ribera decreases by 50%
- 2022-05-17 "Supply of alternative goods is gradually coming to an end"
- 2022-05-16 Potato industry Idaho hails potato research endowment
- 2022-05-16 California meets strong demand with new crop potatoes
- 2022-05-16 The planting of early potatoes has already been completed in France and the harvest has started in some areas
- 2022-05-16 Kenyan government to start Sh23 billion agriculture value chain project in July
- 2022-05-16 'Generally speaking, business proceeded fairly quietly'
- 2022-05-16 Burger King Japan offers dried ramen instead of French fries in combo meals
- 2022-05-13 Pakistan: Potato exports up 9.8 per cent
- 2022-05-13 New provincial supports available for PEI seed producers
- 2022-05-13 US fresh potatoes begin export to Mexico
- 2022-05-12 Indian onion growers want Nafed to buy onions for Rs 30/kg