- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW STRAWBERRIES
- Reemoon introduces a world-first smart system to South African packhouses
- Honduras import melon season underway
- Kenyan avocado exporters given four days to seek clearance ahead of ban
- "If you can guarantee quality throughout the chain, you significantly reduce food waste"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Argentina: Onion industry fears return of 'Pico de Agua'
CORFO and the UNS department of finances announced plans to convert the Colorado River Valley of Buenos Aires into a 13,000-acre onion field. “It might not be quite that large,” warns Lurman. “Besides, acreage isn’t really the issue here, it’s the return of 'Pico de Agua'.
Last season was the worst in Argentine history. According to data by FunBaPa (Fundación Barrera Patagónica), 422,266 tons of onions were sold, of which 284,815 to domestic markets and 137,451 tons to foreign destinations. Export to Brazil alone was lower than the 2003-2011 average.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 Sustainable intensification yields multiple benefits in China
- 2022-01-21 ‘Potato Crisis’ symbolizes Algeria's struggling economy
- 2022-01-20 'Demand for yellow and red onions is good'
- 2022-01-20 Sinaloa's potato harvest started and producers expect to harvest 380,000 tons
- 2022-01-20 "Sweet potato demand bound to rise"
- 2022-01-20 Renewed demand for processing sector as restaurant restrictions might change
- 2022-01-20 ‘Industry must lead seed potato sector growth’
- 2022-01-20 "Good start to the new year at the potato market"
- 2022-01-20 Onion prices up in Russia
- 2022-01-20 Potato price changes in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
- 2022-01-19 Canada: Québec Parmentier acquires large-scale seed potato producer
- 2022-01-19 Truck accessibility pressures moving already limited potato crops
- 2022-01-19 “A couple of times our containers were sent to the wrong countries”
- 2022-01-19 ‘World's largest potato’ to be DNA tested to check if it's actually a potato
- 2022-01-19 "Price increases of €4 to 5 per 100kg would be necessary to cover costs"
- 2022-01-19 Kenyan growers to start producing Waru potato variety preferred by KFC
- 2022-01-19 Six largest importers of potatoes from Iran
- 2022-01-19 Uzbekistan saw onion prices go up by 25% in first two weeks of 2022
- 2022-01-18 'Supply was stong and sufficient to meet the demand'
- 2022-01-18 Kenyan farmers demand high taxes to be levied on potato imports