- Commercial Manager UK or Holland
- Accountmanager Europe LED Cultivation
- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Spain: Enormous shortages of Spanish vegetables
“Other vegetables are also in thin supply. Iceberg lettuce, aubergine and courgette aren’t available in sufficient quantities. Even pepper prices are expected to rise in the coming weeks. We’ve always had higher prices this time of year, but never this much. You’re not likely to encounter 5 Euro courgettes under normal circumstances.
“Last week aubergine were doing fine. They fetched around 6 Euro. Now that price is up to 11 Euro. These aren’t realistic anymore. Still, many buyers need to get them to meet long-term arrangements with retailers. This isn’t a healthy market. A production surplus is bad, but this is worse. We need to go back to the middle road.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-27 “Not only do they reduce decay and extend shelf life, but also improve the firmness of bell peppers”
- 2022-01-27 Shortage of vegetables from Johor due to floods and heat
- 2022-01-27 Water, fuel & fertilizer issues affecting California’s tomato farmers
- 2022-01-27 Brussels sprouts transitioning to new growing regions and fields
- 2022-01-27 Ukraine: Cabbage prices have gone up 50% in one week
- 2022-01-27 The value of Almeria's pepper and tomato exports increased by 9%
- 2022-01-27 "Many open ends at cucumber season's start"
- 2022-01-27 Almeria's pepper supply is expected to be lower than usual from February onwards
- 2022-01-27 “Larger shipments of garlic should get going in the first week of February”
- 2022-01-26 World cucumber production breaks records in 2020
- 2022-01-26 Technology for covered crops and in the field has potential to increase UK production, say experts
- 2022-01-26 NZ growers and suppliers: Expect more expensive vegetables in February
- 2022-01-26 "COVID-19 infected staff currently shippers' biggest challenge"
- 2022-01-26 "Chinese garlic price begins to rise as overseas markets stock up"
- 2022-01-26 Cabbage stocks rapidly diminishing in Russia
- 2022-01-26 "Spanish cauliflower is becoming an increasingly appreciated product with strategic value"
- 2022-01-26 “Precocity and quality: that is the strength of our asparagus!”
- 2022-01-25 Albanian vegetable exports down
- 2022-01-25 Coachella artichoke production season kicks off
- 2022-01-25 China: The overall vegetable price in Beijing Xinfadi market has risen significantly