- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW STRAWBERRIES
- Reemoon introduces a world-first smart system to South African packhouses
- Honduras import melon season underway
- Kenyan avocado exporters given four days to seek clearance ahead of ban
- "If you can guarantee quality throughout the chain, you significantly reduce food waste"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Italy: Merieux acquires Chelab
CHELAB offers a range of services in chemistry and is well recognized in the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics and environmental sectors. The acquisition allows Mérieux NutriSciences to diversify the portfolio for its Silliker Italia division and for the group as a whole in Europe. It also strengthens innovation potential for chemical analysis through the integration of skills, amongst the best in Europe. CHELAB will become the R & D platform for Mérieux NutriSciences chemistry activities.
Founded in 1979 by Dr. Tiziano Conte and Carla Bertollo and employing 620 employees, CHELAB is the market leader in Italy. The company operates seven laboratories, occupies a total surface of 12,000 m2 and processes over 1800 samples daily. CHELAB provides testing services to many Italian and international customers. With a testing laboratory and a commercial office in Turkey, CHELAB provides Mérieux NutriSciences with access to dynamic markets with high growth potential.
"We are very pleased to have partnered with a family with whom we share a common vision and values," said Philippe Sans, President and CEO of Mérieux NutriSciences.
"The CHELAB acquisition symbolizes a strategic step in our development. In addition to strengthening our leadership position in Europe, the acquisition contributes to our international development by reinforcing chemistry innovation for us in a particularly promising market. For over 30 years, CHELAB has been developing its expertise and the technological excellence of its laboratories. The company will play a leading role in building our R & D platform in chemistry. We look forward to continuing our work with the teams and especially with Dr. Tiziano Conte who joins the Mérieux NutriSciences Board of Directors.”
The CHELAB acquisition is part of Mérieux NutriSciences’ external growth strategy led by Mérieux NutriSciences and is the fifteenth acquisition for the group since 2007. In 2012, the group acquired SWIFT (South Africa) and HACCP (France).
The group now employs over 4800 employees worldwide, offering analytical services in 73 laboratories in 18 countries. Within the past 5 years, Mérieux NutriSciences has doubled its activity, and with the CHELAB acquisition, exceeds $420M USD in annual revenues.
For more information:
Tel: +39 (0)4 37 41 83 65
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 South Mill Champs expands Atlanta distribution center
- 2022-01-21 Hazel Tech announces Asia Pacific office expansion and investment
- 2022-01-21 The Bonduelle group extends its capital to farming partners and creates the concept of "shareholder producer"
- 2022-01-20 Snijpunt welcomes Jurgen van der Wilk as new commercial manager
- 2022-01-20 Sakata Seed America welcomes senior biotechnology manager
- 2022-01-20 BayWa Global Produce subsidiary TFC Holland to invest in new site
- 2022-01-20 How are Dutch supermarkets faring?
- 2022-01-19 Postharvest academy webinar series launches
- 2022-01-19 Good Foods names EVP and president of Mexican operations
- 2022-01-19 Vision Produce Company promotes VP
- 2022-01-19 CEA Advisors teams up with Parus-Europe for crop specific Strawberry Growtainers
- 2022-01-19 Continental Grain Company invests in Agroberries to accelerate global expansion plans
- 2022-01-19 Lidl gives green light to LEAF Marque on UK fresh produce
- 2022-01-19 "Fantastic step forward in our European goal”
- 2022-01-19 Smurfit Kappa announces USD33 million investment in Fortaleza, Brazil
- 2022-01-19 KBC appoints Dr Roger Hellens as Chief Technology Officer
- 2022-01-19 The first Spanish startup to deliver fruits and vegetables directly from the field to the table in less than an hour
- 2022-01-19 Zimbabwe: Revenue Ariston drops 19 percent
- 2022-01-19 State agribusiness group CDC posts over XAF18 bln loss for 2020
- 2022-01-19 Plenty appoints Arama Kukutai as new CEO