- Business Development Manager
- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "The fertilizer industry is at a turning point"
- From the ripe revolution of avocados to expansion into mangos
- AAA Growers' first sea freight avocados selling well in Dubai market
- Sri Lankan coconut coir exporter to double berry farms in Mexico
- China’s lockdowns force fruit exporters to divert to Southeast Asia
Top 5 -last month
Arava: Marketing premium strawberries from the Gaza Strip
The season itself it expected to last till Mid-February with cumulative amounts of approximately 400 tons of fruit. The variety chosen this year is Tamar, a very well known specimen of strawberry which is best characterized by its sweet flavor, tenderness and, extended shelf life. To add some spice and differentiation, Arava Export Growers Ltd. had taken upon itself the task of branding this year's yield by perfecting the sorting process for better consistency and quality. In addition to that, Aravoa is introducing a new line of packaging that includes black boxes, designed punnets and attractive stickers. "This action is for the benefit of ensuring superior quality, consistency and, distinctiveness. We want to make sure that European markets will be well aware of the Gaza Strawberries and, consciously, place them on a higher rank than the competition".
In recent months steps had been made by Palestinian Crops to certify all growers with a Global Gap certificate and, at the same time, implement a strict protocol for MRL residue levels.
Omer Kamp, of Arava, said "It is with great pride that we can proclaim to have tested the fields with ZERO tolerance and yet, achieve full success. All growers are now certified and, with no exception, MRL tests came out clean.
"It is essential to point out that many efforts were given for this season to succeed. Aside from the technical issues, the growers and Arava are fully committed to show the benefits of mutual cooperation and how it could make a difference in perceptions."
Fruit is now available in packaging of 10x250 and is available from:
Fruit World NL.
Total Produce Ireland.
Pacific Produce UK.
Garden Frutta Italy.
For more information:
Tel: +972 3 97 28 127
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-27 Himachal growers want 100% import duty on apples
- 2022-05-27 "In the first quarter, Mexican berry exports exceeded those of tequila, beer and avocado"
- 2022-05-27 Organic grower introduces new certified stonefruit program
- 2022-05-27 Apple growers face challenges and assess growing improvement options for 2022
- 2022-05-27 US apple industry takes up call to end costly tariffs
- 2022-05-27 Pear season underway with strong demand and export program to recommence
- 2022-05-27 “There is a very high demand for grapes this week”
- 2022-05-27 The Peach-Nectarine-Apricot Contact Group analyzes growing pests and the means to control them
- 2022-05-27 "I wonder if the increase in costs will affect a commodity product like plums"
- 2022-05-27 "Higher costs will stop some growers investing in their orchards"
- 2022-05-27 Ukraine: Sales of open ground strawberries have started
- 2022-05-26 Weather-related damage affects California blueberry crop
- 2022-05-26 Okanagan cherries might see price increases because of the early cold
- 2022-05-26 Pennsylvania grower/shipper expands post-harvest technology use on fruit crops
- 2022-05-26 The certification of the first Jerte PDO cherries has begun
- 2022-05-26 The Spanish stone fruit campaign's production volume will be the lowest in the last decade
- 2022-05-26 The first variety of blood nectarine hits the market
- 2022-05-26 Labour and inflation major challenges for the soft fruit industry
- 2022-05-26 Award winning British bred Eves Delight strawberries back in season
- 2022-05-26 “Scottish raspberry harvesting usually starts in July but we can start earlier at the beginning of June"