- Product Manager - United States
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- Aweta Sales Director Italy and Spain
- Junior Account Manager - Central Europe
- Post-Harvest Quality Manager - Avocado
- Senior Technical Lead - Beamsville (ON) Canada
- General Manager - Buswa, Uganda
- Head Grower - Jordan (ON) Canada
- KAM DE/AT/IT/BE/NL - Valencia, Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Arava: Marketing premium strawberries from the Gaza Strip
The season itself it expected to last till Mid-February with cumulative amounts of approximately 400 tons of fruit. The variety chosen this year is Tamar, a very well known specimen of strawberry which is best characterized by its sweet flavor, tenderness and, extended shelf life. To add some spice and differentiation, Arava Export Growers Ltd. had taken upon itself the task of branding this year's yield by perfecting the sorting process for better consistency and quality. In addition to that, Aravoa is introducing a new line of packaging that includes black boxes, designed punnets and attractive stickers. "This action is for the benefit of ensuring superior quality, consistency and, distinctiveness. We want to make sure that European markets will be well aware of the Gaza Strawberries and, consciously, place them on a higher rank than the competition".
In recent months steps had been made by Palestinian Crops to certify all growers with a Global Gap certificate and, at the same time, implement a strict protocol for MRL residue levels.
Omer Kamp, of Arava, said "It is with great pride that we can proclaim to have tested the fields with ZERO tolerance and yet, achieve full success. All growers are now certified and, with no exception, MRL tests came out clean.
"It is essential to point out that many efforts were given for this season to succeed. Aside from the technical issues, the growers and Arava are fully committed to show the benefits of mutual cooperation and how it could make a difference in perceptions."
Fruit is now available in packaging of 10x250 and is available from:
Fruit World NL.
Total Produce Ireland.
Pacific Produce UK.
Garden Frutta Italy.
For more information:
Tel: +972 3 97 28 127
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-09-20 Possibility of new hectares for Candine apples
- 2021-09-20 One more month to go before the end of the Sicilian peach and nectarine campaign
- 2021-09-20 Incorporating post-harvest technology to table grapes
- 2021-09-20 Serbia: Apple harvest starting in coming weeks
- 2021-09-20 World peach and nectarine production for 2021/22 is forecast to edge up slightly to 21.8 million MT
- 2021-09-20 Apple prices in Belarus are among the highest in the region due to government regulation
- 2021-09-20 Russia sharply increased imports of watermelon from Uzbekistan and Turkey, setting a new record
- 2021-09-20 South Korean consumers' interest in expensive, unconventional fruit prompts farmers to switch crops
- 2021-09-20 Mexico meets 77% of the domestic demand for apples
- 2021-09-20 Alfred E. Chave adds apples and pears to its range
- 2021-09-20 Berries "save lives" thanks to the "very high level of health and wellbeing" they help attain
- 2021-09-20 The 6th International Berry Congress' conclusion: a common challenge towards sustainability
- 2021-09-20 Swedish organic farmers struggle to sell their apples
- 2021-09-20 Hoogstraten launches first strawberry marketing campaign in the UK
- 2021-09-20 Arizona welcomes sizable organic apple crop for 2021
- 2021-09-17 "Peru will have 20,000 hectares of blueberries in 3 years and it will consolidate its leadership in world exports"
- 2021-09-17 Chilean fruit exports total 5,296 million FOB dollars between January and August
- 2021-09-17 Accumulated number for 2021/2022 season at 52 tons up until now
- 2021-09-17 Andalusian blueberry fills niche in the international market
- 2021-09-17 Even workers from the Caribbean, Kenya and Nepal helped to pick fruit in Norfolk