- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
- Produce Construction Manager - USA
- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Such drastic price drops have no rational explanation"
- “We mustn't create the impression that other Egyptian citrus is 'not clean' ”
- “Asia Fruit Logistica ON will be a digital event with a difference"
- The drought in Peru could impact the 2020/21 mango season
- Free tool for cherry and blueberry sizing
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Arava: Marketing premium strawberries from the Gaza Strip
The season itself it expected to last till Mid-February with cumulative amounts of approximately 400 tons of fruit. The variety chosen this year is Tamar, a very well known specimen of strawberry which is best characterized by its sweet flavor, tenderness and, extended shelf life. To add some spice and differentiation, Arava Export Growers Ltd. had taken upon itself the task of branding this year's yield by perfecting the sorting process for better consistency and quality. In addition to that, Aravoa is introducing a new line of packaging that includes black boxes, designed punnets and attractive stickers. "This action is for the benefit of ensuring superior quality, consistency and, distinctiveness. We want to make sure that European markets will be well aware of the Gaza Strawberries and, consciously, place them on a higher rank than the competition".
In recent months steps had been made by Palestinian Crops to certify all growers with a Global Gap certificate and, at the same time, implement a strict protocol for MRL residue levels.
Omer Kamp, of Arava, said "It is with great pride that we can proclaim to have tested the fields with ZERO tolerance and yet, achieve full success. All growers are now certified and, with no exception, MRL tests came out clean.
"It is essential to point out that many efforts were given for this season to succeed. Aside from the technical issues, the growers and Arava are fully committed to show the benefits of mutual cooperation and how it could make a difference in perceptions."
Fruit is now available in packaging of 10x250 and is available from:
Fruit World NL.
Total Produce Ireland.
Pacific Produce UK.
Garden Frutta Italy.
For more information:
Tel: +972 3 97 28 127
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-10-01 How data mining can be used to sell more blueberries
- 2020-10-01 Flattening blueberry prices shift industry paradigm: adjust your strategy
- 2020-10-01 Ukrainian blueberry season is nearing completion
- 2020-10-01 Millions of melons and watermelons abandoned in two farms in Yecla, Spain
- 2020-10-01 New fly threatens Kenyan horti exports to the European Union
- 2020-10-01 Kashmir apple shipments repeatedly stopped by Indian authorities
- 2020-10-01 Ukraine apple prices highest in last three years
- 2020-10-01 Carrefour has announced that it will increase its purchases of Spanish apples by 25%
- 2020-10-01 Italia grapes need no hormone treatments
- 2020-09-30 Little Cherry Disease remains top concern for Northwest cherry growers
- 2020-09-30 2020 production up for US pears, grapes and cranberries
- 2020-09-30 Chinese importers have great expectations of the new cherry season
- 2020-09-30 Green Tiger watermelons sell well in the Chinese market
- 2020-09-30 Topfruit farmers in the Langkloof optimistic
- 2020-09-30 Argentina will remain focused on preserving blueberry quality and sweetness
- 2020-09-30 "Tougher pear sales a recurrent phenomena at this time of year"
- 2020-09-30 Compensation to fruit growers in Spain amounts to almost 130 million Euro
- 2020-09-30 Kashmir apple prices to go up this year
- 2020-09-30 Ukrainian blueberry season close to completion
- 2020-09-30 Oregon blueberry producers aim for direct sales - from farm to consumer