- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- “More than 7,000 cherry containers are coming to Hong Kong port; slow custom clearance is a problem”
- Giant capsicums appearing in Australian supermarkets
- Vertically integrated berry producer launches in Ontario
- "We expect to increase our production by more than 300% in the next three years"
- "Sweet potato demand bound to rise"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Cornerways Nursery happy with labelling equipment
British Sugar’s huge nursery in King’s Lynn – the 18-hectare site is the largest single tomato glasshouse in the UK – has two of the machines labelling up to 60,000 packs a day, depending on the time of year, at its modern packaging facility, providing the company with huge productivity benefits, according to Commercial Manager, Henry Robertson.
Mr Robertson said: "The Eurokett Matrix is perfect and has impressed not only me but the entire packhouse team. The kit has delivered significant production savings and has also improved the presentation of the products by placing flash labels and pack labels in the same place every time.”
Advanced Dynamics is the sole UK distributor of the Matrix range, the successor to the highly accurate and flexible Eurokett Junior 115 label applicator. The Matrix boasts the latest in stepper motor drive technology for top accuracy, reliability and ease of control, making it ideal for labelling high volumes of packed produce such as tomatoes, potatoes and carrots.
The Eurokett Matrix label applicators can operate at speeds of up to 50m per minute, offering simple, standard speed flash labelling through to high speed placement with a maintained accuracy of +/- 0.5mm.
Purchasing the Eurokett Matrix equipment has enabled Cornerways, which supplies most of the major high-street supermarket chains with a wide range of own label tomato products, to free up staff for more productive duties, as Mr Robertson explains.
He said: “Applying labels by hand can be messy and is an under-rated skill so being able to utilise an employee elsewhere for more productive activities makes economic sense. The machines work seamlessly with our flow wrappers and our operators find the Eurokett Matrix easy to use, which is not always the case when it comes to label applicators.”
Bradford-based Advanced Dynamics’ managing director, Malcolm Little, said: “We are very excited about the Matrix label dispensers. The Matrix can be incorporated into the whole range of labelling systems, including top, base, side and wrap around, and is easily integrated into primary wrapping systems.”
Cornerways produces 140 million eco-friendly tomatoes each year and the Matrix labellers are now an integral part of the company’s on-site packaging system, which allows the fruit to be despatched for supermarket shelves direct from the nursery.
As for the service from Advanced Dynamics, Mr Robertson had nothing but praise. He said: “Cornerways is very demanding of its suppliers and we have never had any issues with the Matrix. We have already recommended Advanced Dynamics to several other companies in the food industry and will continue to do so.”
For more information:
Tel: 0044 1423 867264
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 Multi-million dollar reusable packaging theft operation taken down
- 2022-01-21 Fresh produce companies turning to automation during pandemic labour shortages
- 2022-01-21 "Reusable solutions allow Greek companies to enter new export markets"
- 2022-01-21 Kelston Orchards opens new multi purpose cool store and packhouse
- 2022-01-20 "Lead times for material procurement have become significantly longer"
- 2022-01-20 German importer urges Sri Lankan agro exporters to practice superior packaging
- 2022-01-14 “Our linerless Fruit Lid can help brand owners tackle the problems associated with single use plastic
- 2022-01-14 "We recommend that companies start thinking ecologically at an early stage"
- 2022-01-13 It’s official: Cartonboard can be recycled at least 25 times
- 2022-01-13 A behind-the-scenes look at a Dutch company's packaging department
- 2022-01-12 Belgian company's packaging gets second chances
- 2022-01-11 "We're currently the only packing company in Europe packaging Brussels sprouts in paper"
- 2022-01-07 Papyrus Egypt turns to banana fibre food packaging
- 2022-01-06 "Batching, primary packaging and secondary packaging from a single source"
- 2022-01-06 "We see potential for our cardboard trays on the Polish market"
- 2022-01-05 Packaging: Fruit and vegetable sector still at a dead end
- 2022-01-04 New label for genetically modified food products has now come into effect
- 2022-01-03 Scientists from Singapore and US develop bacteria-killing packaging
- 2021-12-24 The demand for unpacked products is increasing in European markets
- 2021-12-23 Australian fruit and veg pallet wrapping solution wins major international awards