- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
- Turning to charter vessels to move Chilean blueberries
- Kenyan horticulture regulator extends avocado export ban indefinitely
- "Spanish raspberry cultivation increasingly moving to Morocco"
- Cherry breeding in Africa provides opportunities to meet growing demand
- "The growth of the blueberry industry in Northland was eventually going to be stifled by a lack of post-harvest providers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Israel: Stable supply and high demand for herbs
Nevertheless, supply is somewhat stabilizing with a positive direction. In addition to that and as a contingency, Arava Export Growers have strategically decided to widen their supply chain by sourcing from other countries which include, but are not limited to, Kenya, Serbia, India, Ethiopia. This move allows the company the flexibility of making up orders for those products which are short in one region but, widely available in another. So far, this strategy had proven its productivity.
"Earlier this season we witnessed damages in many of the basil fields located up north by the Beit Shaan Valley. These damages are now contained and have been dealt with, but for the winter season we also have farms located in the proximity of the Dead Sea area where climates during winter are ideal for growing top quality herbs, explains Omar Kamp from Arava. "We are counting on sufficient quantities of basil to come from the Dead Sea region during this current winter season. Aside from that, during December the weather in Israel is not yet cold enough to slow down the growth of herbs and, at the same time, not hot enough to damage their quality."
The million dollar question always comes before Christmas. Omar adimits that it is hard to predict what this year will bring but, "we seem to manage properly during Christmas."
He does expect to face obstacles along the way but is still confident to a high degree that they will comply accordingly to customers' expectations and needs.
There is currently a high demand for chives, basil, mint, coriander, dill and rosemary. However as December approaches it is customary to see an increase in demand for thyme, sage, salicornia, rosemary etc…
To fully exceed expectations, Arava offers a variety of packaging and bunching. The 1 kg box still remains most popular; this is mainly due to the fact that they are one of the few companies around still using the larger, more ventilated boxes. As for bunching, the company have the capacity to offer bunches ranging from 20 gr to 150 gr or, loose as well,
Aside from fresh herbs, Arava is also involved in exporting exotic fruits and strawberries deriving from the Gaza Strip.
For more information:
Arava Export Growers
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-24 "If you grow organic spinach you are onto a winner"
- 2022-01-21 "Many farmers are uprooting their aloe vera plantations because of the industry focusing on the imported powdered product"
- 2022-01-19 Dutch online supermarket now offers vertically farmed greens
- 2022-01-12 Changing demand for fresh herbs in Sweden
- 2022-01-11 "We are pioneers in Europe in the organic production of Kaffir lime leaf"
- 2022-01-06 "Overseas expansion is certainly an option"
- 2021-12-23 "We want to make Herb.ERT interesting for any kitchen"
- 2021-12-21 "Nice demand for cut herbs, pot herb market in winter slump"
- 2021-12-17 2021 not a bad year for fresh herbs
- 2021-12-14 Lower prices for aromatic herb exports from Georgia
- 2021-12-09 Florette enters the fresh herb market with the launch of washed and ready-to-eat coriander
- 2021-12-02 "We now offer around 85 potted herbs from our own nursery"
- 2021-11-19 Organto lists “I AM Organic” branded fresh cut organic herbs with Gorillas
- 2021-11-18 "There are still not many companies working with aromatic herbs"
- 2021-11-16 Organic aromatic herb market on the up
- 2021-11-12 "At -5°C it already becomes problematic for the Saarland dandelion"
- 2021-11-03 German restaurants are growing their own produce
- 2021-10-29 Bonduelle introduces PGI rocket from the Sele plain on the Italian market
- 2021-10-22 Les Herbes Gourmandes: $11.7M in financing from BDC and FCC to double production area
- 2021-10-19 Former owner of Florida produce business sentenced to prison for tax evasion