- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Netherlands: Business is booming at Meteor Systems
Meteor Systems was founded in 1997 by tomato grower Chris Bastiaansen. “Chris saw potential in the irrigation business, as the horticultural community was going through a transitional phase, moving from traditional cultivation to gutter - and wire rack systems. There was a lot of demand for a wide range of steel growing systems. Today, we employ 85 people and set up additional business in Canada.”
An operator at work
“Developing systems still is our core business. Right now, we have 23 different gutter growing systems, all of them developed in collaboration with end users. We always try to work with growers, cooperate as much as possible.”
Dripping hoses undergoing a quality check
Global demand for Meteor Systems has led to an advanced international sales division. “We have a branch in Ontario, that supplies the US,” says Lexmond. “But we have a network that spans all countries. We visit foreign horticultural businesses and developing areas as much as we can. We always keep an eye on the market.”
Dripping hoses ready for shipping
Meteor Systems did not entirely escape the consequences of the financial crisis. “There’s a lot less business,” Lexmond admits. “Fortunately there’s always something for us to do. A lot of things are happening in the strawberry sector right now, providing us with work. Since last year we’ve added Amevo tunnels to our assortment, which gave us the opportunity to tackle some large turnkey projects.”
Assembling the dripping hoses is mostly manual labor. Meteor, however, has machines to do this job.
Meteor Systems is involved in designing complete irrigation systems. “We manufacture drip hoses in all shapes and sizes. The systems are produced right here, in Etten-Leur [in Holland]. After production, everything is assembled, packed and shipped directly to the customer. The gutter systems we install ourselves, using our mobile machines. If you take a look around in our factory, you will see there is very little ready-made stuff lying around. The vast majority is designed to meet specific customer needs. Every greenhouse is different, no job is the same. It’s a big challenge but we wouldn’t have it any other way.”
For more information:
Meteor Systems BV
Tel: +31 (0) 765042842
Tel: +31 (0) 6 28776735
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-20 Vertically integrated berry producer launches in Ontario
- 2022-01-20 "Our facility can be customized based on your needs and type of crop"
- 2022-01-20 Couple from the Bahamas now focus on yellow pepper farming in Rwanda
- 2022-01-20 "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
- 2022-01-19 Crespo assures that greenhouse cultivation is the Circular Economy Law's 'greatest ally'
- 2022-01-19 Norway: New 15.000m2 farm to supply the country’s 5 biggest cities
- 2022-01-17 Status of Almeria's greenhouse crops
- 2022-01-17 CAN: Continuing farm expansion and accelerating industry growth through consulting
- 2022-01-13 US vertical farm secures $150 million credit facility
- 2022-01-10 Bulgaria sees vegetable prices going up
- 2022-01-10 Efficient, automated cultivation system
- 2022-01-10 Rolling out three new farms in the UK
- 2022-01-10 Veggiemight team elected 'fair play team' in the International Autonomous Greenhouse Challenge
- 2022-01-07 "I was amazed at the way greenhouses took advantage of the sun's natural energy to produce food without harming the planet"
- 2022-01-06 "Greenhouse sector always on the lookout for alternatives to chemical crop protection"
- 2022-01-06 Singapore: Two news farms on their way, one fully powered by solar
- 2022-01-03 Hokkaido mangoes, grown with hot spring heat, debut overseas
- 2021-12-24 Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- 2021-12-24 "Retractable roof greenhouse ideal for tropical climates"
- 2021-12-22 New greenhouse to bring strawberries and tomatoes to Albertans