- Commercial Manager UK or Holland
- Accountmanager Europe LED Cultivation
- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
AU: Avocado Export Company wins emerging exporter award
Wayne Franeschi from the company says, "collectively we make up around 60% of Australia's total export volume. We sell to Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and also to the Middle East. last year we moved 275,000 trays."
Wayne says the company is looking to develop more international markets in the future.
"We are always on the lookout for new markets as there is a need for this as the fruit from increased planting becomes available."
Wayne allows that things can be difficult in the current economic climate, but suggests also that the company has found ways to deal with this.
"The high Australia dollar makes things a little more challenging, but we have worked hard to promote our brand. We also train our customers in the ways of handling and using avocados - we try to help them as much as we can."
It seems that the company's approach pays off - they have just received the Premier of Queensland Emerging Exporter Award.
"The award was a great surprise and was not expected given the achievements of the other candidates. However, it was a great win for horticulture as we were 1 of 2 in the overall awards from a wide range of businesses. The AEC has worked hard and this is a great recognition of that."
All of this export success is good news for the industry and the country as a whole - Australia is now experiencing the highest ever volumes of avocados.
For more information:
Avocado Export Company
Tel: +61 427 988 246
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2014-04-30 Unprecedented line-up of speakers from around the globe to take stage at PMA Fresh Connections 2014
- 2014-04-30 Australian Tropical Fruit Paradise
- 2014-04-29 Strong domestic market despite loss of Thai exports
- 2014-04-29 Australia’s ultimate convenience food is back
- 2014-04-28 AU: Freshcut pineapple supply grew 18% in 5 years
- 2014-04-25 AU: Why Tassie is so good for growing capsicums
- 2014-04-24 "AU: "More and more growers identifying advantages of stonewool substrates"
- 2014-04-22 Abbotsleigh and Seven Fields join forces with a focus on farm gate returns
- 2014-04-18 Onions New Zealand appoints Dr Jane Adams as Research and Innovation Manager
- 2014-04-17 MAF Oceania and Citrus Australia join forces
- 2014-04-16 EastPack announces $1.5m profit following Satara merger
- 2014-04-16 Photos from Eveleigh Market, Sydney
- 2014-04-15 Citrus ready for Chinese boom
- 2014-04-15 Aussie grapes bound for South Korean tables
- 2014-04-14 Field Fresh Tasmania expects good onion season
- 2014-04-11 New Zealand Feijoa season in full swing
- 2014-04-10 NZ: Mr Apple reports strong demand for 2014 apple season
- 2014-04-09 Australia's 'challenging' mango season draws to close
- 2014-04-08 China gets first shipment of Australian apples
- 2014-04-07 Less New Zealand onions going to UK