‘The website engages directly with consumers, salad lovers, and professionals offering easily digestible content such as interesting and tasty easy-to-prepare salad ideas that are suitable to feed a family or to cater for that special event without the fuss and preparation of a fancy meal’, says Frances Tolson from the Love My Salad team.
‘Anyone with a passion for salads is invited to join our salad community. As a tool to increase vegetable consumption, it’s a win-win for everyone in our industry. Participants can develop their own profiles, share their ‘salad stories’ and load favourite recipes and/or join through Facebook.’
As an appetiser, the Love My Salad Team’s top 10 salad ideas for this season are:
- Tomatoes - Everyone loves bright glossy skinned juicy fleshed tomatoes full of aromas, perfect for our Tomato Tapas with Basil & Bocconcini recipe. Simply magic!
- Cucumbers – try our Continental Cucumber Kebabs recipe. Scrumptious!
- Tri-coloured lettuce - in our Panzanella with Tri-colour Lettuce recipe. Delectable!
- Baby heart cos lettuce used as salad boats in our Little Bateau recipe. Delightful!
- Capsicum in salads sliced thinly, either fresh or grilled, bbq’d or roasted with or without skin. Sweet!
- Striped or traditional eggplants, grilled, served with fresh mint yoghurt. Mediterranean!
- Rockmelon – enjoy our Rockmelon with Prosciutto and Orange Salad recipe, or serve cubed rockmelon wrapped in prosciutto as a starter. Appetising!
- Baby Spinach - Taste our Baby Spinach and Mushroom Salad recipe – delicious!
- Celery - partner with walnuts or cashews and oak-leaf lettuce. Crunchy!
- Grated carrot with apples, walnuts and sultanas or snack on carrot sticks with dip. Flavoursome!
‘We encourage everyone to join this food revolution initiative towards a healthy future’, says Frances.
For more information: