- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Marks & Spencer profits fall
Bucking the downward trend were food sales which were up 3.4%, with like-for-like sales up 1.1%. This was attributed to a focus on giving customers more choice through constant innovation, unveiling 1,000 new lines and launching the “Simply M&S” range.
M&S chief executive Marc Bolland said: “We are pleased to report a better performance across the business in the second quarter. We took steps to address the short term merchandising issues in General Merchandise and as a result, we delivered an improved performance. Food outperformed the market on a like-for-like basis.
“Eighteen months in, we are making strong progress with our plan to transform M&S into an International Multi-channel retailer. Our new International stores are performing well, and our Multi-channel business is delivering strong growth.
“As we approach the all important Christmas period, we have better than ever Christmas products, to help our customers enjoy a special Christmas at home.”
On-shelf availability was improved by a further 1%, in addition to the 2% delivered in the last full year, through the implementation of a new space, range and display system and investment in improvements to service standards for customers.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-24 Calii has bagged $22.5mln in a Series A funding round
- 2022-01-24 X5 Retail Group: 11.4% increase in full-year sales
- 2022-01-21 Migros Group: Turnover up 2.2% in 2021
- 2022-01-21 Save A Lot has announced it completed the sale of 33 company-owned stores
- 2022-01-20 Lidl GB: 900th store
- 2022-01-20 GrubMarket has completed the acquisition of Terra Exports
- 2022-01-19 Metro is looking for a buyer for its Belgian branch
- 2022-01-19 Kroger: 2022 Food Trends Report
- 2022-01-18 Aldi UK: First checkout-free store in Greenwich
- 2022-01-18 BYD partners with Nuro
- 2022-01-17 Walmart appears to be venturing into the metaverse
- 2022-01-17 Online grocery startup Tawfeer has announced its intention to expand across Egypt
- 2022-01-14 Jerónimo Martins surpassed the €20bln sales milestone
- 2022-01-14 Trigo tests frictionless stores for Wakefern Food Corp.
- 2022-01-13 Tesco raised its profit outlook for the 2nd time in 4 months
- 2022-01-13 Kroger and Nuro: Expanded collaboration
- 2022-01-12 Carrefour makes a new attempt to get a foothold in Greece
- 2022-01-12 Albertsons: Robust gains in net and identical sales in Q3
- 2022-01-11 JD.com opened 2 robotic shops “ochama” in the Netherlands
- 2022-01-11 PCC Community Markets and Shipt have joined forces