- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW MANGOES
- “By investing in the farm, we have more control of how things are done"
- "Having introduced the conventional bananas now in Sweden we are looking to introduce our brand into Europe”
- The popularity of a unique exotic fruit set to soar in Australia in coming seasons
- PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Cranberries responsible for $388 million in Wisconsin economy
According to the report, Wisconsin controls more than 46 percent of cranberry production in the U.S. and is the primary cranberry producer. Researchers found that the industry creates 3,839 annual full-time jobs in the state. “This is really a double whammy for Wisconsin. We can grow this commodity here, and in the same county, we can process that product. It’s an efficient system that works,” said Kashian.Wisconsin has major cranberry growing and processing operations in seven counties: Sawyer and Vilas counties, in northern Wisconsin, and Portage, Juneau, Jackson, Monroe and Wood counties in central Wisconsin.
Wood County is the biggest grower and processor of cranberries, with farms as large as 5,334 acres and three processing plants. Researchers noted that Wisconsin has an ideal landscape and weather conditions for cranberry production.“This is a recession-proof industry; people will always need food. We build our economy on special crops with value added, not commodities,” said Kashian. FERC conducts economic research and completes economicimpact studies for businesses, non-profits and government organizations.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-17 South Africa: Industry set for a promising pome fruit 2022 harvest
- 2022-01-17 Limvalnera strawberries are nickel and histamine-free
- 2022-01-17 New book shows grapes a top food for immunity and brain health
- 2022-01-17 Brazilian fruit industry breaks record, reaching more than 1 billion dollars in exports
- 2022-01-17 Good year for UK Bramley producers
- 2022-01-17 Florida strawberries seeing extremely strong demand
- 2022-01-17 China: Exports of Korean grapes and strawberries to Hong Kong increase
- 2022-01-17 Shelf life extension tech firm receives new USDA funding
- 2022-01-17 Technology supports New Zealand cherry pickers to work 'smarter'
- 2022-01-17 Moldovan apple exports still high in January
- 2022-01-17 Total shipments from start of the season until January 9 reached 56,268 tons
- 2022-01-17 South Africa's Hex River grapes set to excel in South East Asia this season
- 2022-01-17 Tari's campaign to expand grape farming seems unsuccessful
- 2022-01-14 More winter strawberries harvested in Italy
- 2022-01-14 "Argentina exports 8,500 tons of fresh blueberries in this campaign"
- 2022-01-14 Chilean fresh fruit exports have increased by almost 8% over the previous season
- 2022-01-14 UK: Aldi and Somerset farm collaboration offers winter strawberries year-round
- 2022-01-14 PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
- 2022-01-14 “Melon cultivation modernization not making up for increasing costs”
- 2022-01-14 "The pandemic has made us realize that we are capable of reinventing ourselves and has made us all much more professional"