- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
Top 5 -yesterday
- Kenyan horticulture regulator extends avocado export ban indefinitely
- Turning to charter vessels to move Chilean blueberries
- Cherry breeding in Africa provides opportunities to meet growing demand
- "Spanish raspberry cultivation increasingly moving to Morocco"
- "The growth of the blueberry industry in Northland was eventually going to be stifled by a lack of post-harvest providers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Frieda's introduces new purple sweet potato
The spud features a purple skin and deep purple flesh that is unusually high in antioxidants – such as those found in super foods such as açai, blueberry and purple corn. The striking purple color is actually intensified when cooked, and like most sweet potatoes, The Stokes Purple has a low glycemic index, essential for weight watchers and diabetics.
Aside from its color, The Stokes Purple differs from other sweet potatoes and yams in its flavor and mouth feel, offering a favorably dryer, denser and richer taste that is not overly sweet.
As consumers plan for fall cooking, sweet potatoes are becoming increasingly popular and continue to make appearances in food magazines, blogs and other food media.
"When we seek out new products, we look for unique fresh items that will excite and inspire people to cook," said Karen Caplan, President and CEO of Frieda’s, Inc. "The Stokes Purple Sweet Potato has the beauty, the flavor and health benefits that consumers are looking for."
Frieda’s will support the Stokes Purple at the retail level with informational resources for produce staff, as well as consumer education elements in signage and other POS. Available in 15 and 40-pound cases featuring a high-graphic box design, in signature purple, which highlights key selling points – bold color, health benefits and non-GMO.
The Stokes Purple® Sweet Potato makes its official debut to the industry at Frieda’s booth #3030 at the 2012 PMA Fresh Summit in Anaheim, California.
For more information:
Tel: +1 714-733-7660
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 Italy's Masseria Fruttirossi reaches the Arab Emirates with its pomegranates
- 2022-01-26 Organic Ataulfo season opens sweetly
- 2022-01-26 Sweetcorn, avocado and bananas most popular foods in NZ
- 2022-01-26 First mango season for Indian fresh fruit exporter
- 2022-01-26 The average price of China's exported ginger continued to decline month-on-month in 2021
- 2022-01-26 Ghana: Kadjebi Dept of Agriculture meets farmers on Peruvian ginger
- 2022-01-26 The price of avocados is going up in south central US
- 2022-01-25 Australian mango industry hopeful of a strong disruption-free finish to season
- 2022-01-25 Cajamar studies the cultivation of passion fruit in greenhouses
- 2022-01-25 "The Grandisimo pineapple is the perfect ally for winter"
- 2022-01-25 Tanzania seems ready to expand its avocado exports
- 2022-01-25 Kenyan horticulture regulator extends avocado export ban indefinitely
- 2022-01-25 IG International & Deccan Exotics announce joint venture for growing avocados
- 2022-01-24 Tanzania ships first avocado consignment to India
- 2022-01-24 Kenya: Embu mango farmers baulk at low broker prices
- 2022-01-24 Vietnam increases dragon fruit exports to Australia
- 2022-01-24 France: 2022 truffle season promises to be exceptional in the Périgord
- 2022-01-24 Nairobi plans e-platform for agricultural exports to China
- 2022-01-24 Taiwan’s Council of Agriculture defends plea to buy pineapple custard apples
- 2022-01-24 In the near--and farther--future, more Ecuadorian dragon fruit on the way