- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- “More than 7,000 cherry containers are coming to Hong Kong port; slow custom clearance is a problem”
- Giant capsicums appearing in Australian supermarkets
- Vertically integrated berry producer launches in Ontario
- "We expect to increase our production by more than 300% in the next three years"
- "Sweet potato demand bound to rise"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Canada: Sobeys completes World’s Largest Potato Display
The display consists of 10 pound paper bags of PEI potatoes supplied by Prince Edward Island potato growers, including WP Griffin Inc. in Elmsdale and Jewell’s of PEI Inc. in York. This record-setting display also kicks off a five day sale on potatoes at this location, ahead of the Thanksgiving long weekend.
To celebrate, Sobeys hosted a barbeque on Wednesday, October 3rd from 4 to 6 pm and on Thursday, October 4th from 11 am to 2 pm. Proceeds from the barbeque went to the Canadian Potato Museum in O’Leary, PEI. As well, WP Griffin Inc. provided baked potatoes from their portable potato baking machine. Also on hand was “Tate,” the PEI Potatoes mascot and “Bud the Spud,” the mascot for WP Griffin Inc.
Proudly Canadian, with headquarters in Stellarton, Nova Scotia, Sobeys has been serving the food shopping needs of Canadians for 105 years. Sobeys and its franchise affiliates employ more than 95,000 people. The company’s goal is to be widely recognized as the best food retailer and workplace environment in Canada.
Prince Edward Island Potatoes are world renowned for the great taste and quality that comes from growing in the unique red soil of PEI. The potato industry in PEI creates a total economic impact of $1.065 billion dollars and directly or indirectly employs over 12% of the Island workforce.
The Prince Edward Island Potato Board is a producer-controlled association dedicated to supporting the highest performance of the PEI potato industry.
For more information:
PEI Potato Board
Tel: +1 902 892-6551
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 South Mill Champs expands Atlanta distribution center
- 2022-01-21 Hazel Tech announces Asia Pacific office expansion and investment
- 2022-01-21 The Bonduelle group extends its capital to farming partners and creates the concept of "shareholder producer"
- 2022-01-20 Snijpunt welcomes Jurgen van der Wilk as new commercial manager
- 2022-01-20 Sakata Seed America welcomes senior biotechnology manager
- 2022-01-20 BayWa Global Produce subsidiary TFC Holland to invest in new site
- 2022-01-20 How are Dutch supermarkets faring?
- 2022-01-19 Postharvest academy webinar series launches
- 2022-01-19 Good Foods names EVP and president of Mexican operations
- 2022-01-19 Vision Produce Company promotes VP
- 2022-01-19 CEA Advisors teams up with Parus-Europe for crop specific Strawberry Growtainers
- 2022-01-19 Continental Grain Company invests in Agroberries to accelerate global expansion plans
- 2022-01-19 Lidl gives green light to LEAF Marque on UK fresh produce
- 2022-01-19 "Fantastic step forward in our European goal”
- 2022-01-19 Smurfit Kappa announces USD33 million investment in Fortaleza, Brazil
- 2022-01-19 KBC appoints Dr Roger Hellens as Chief Technology Officer
- 2022-01-19 The first Spanish startup to deliver fruits and vegetables directly from the field to the table in less than an hour
- 2022-01-19 Zimbabwe: Revenue Ariston drops 19 percent
- 2022-01-19 State agribusiness group CDC posts over XAF18 bln loss for 2020
- 2022-01-19 Plenty appoints Arama Kukutai as new CEO