- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
Top 5 -yesterday
- Kenyan horticulture regulator extends avocado export ban indefinitely
- Turning to charter vessels to move Chilean blueberries
- Cherry breeding in Africa provides opportunities to meet growing demand
- "Spanish raspberry cultivation increasingly moving to Morocco"
- "The growth of the blueberry industry in Northland was eventually going to be stifled by a lack of post-harvest providers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Costa Rica seeks to reactivate Union of Banana Exporting Countries
Tania López Lee, vice minister of agriculture and livestock, said that Costa Rica obtained the approval of other Central American countries to organize talks to revive UPEB and to incorporate Ecuador as a new member.
This is one of the agreements reached at the last meeting of the Central American Agricultural Council, held in Colombia on Sept. 25.
Past UPEB member countries included Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia and Venezuela. Ecuador, the world’s largest banana exporter, has confirmed interest in joining the organization.
Efforts among member countries will be led by a working group from Costa Rica’s Agriculture and Livestock Ministry and the National Banana Corporation.
A series of scandals involving bribe accusations, high taxes and lawsuits diminished UPEB's influence in the world export market, and its activity has been limited to charging a small tax on corporate banana exports.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 China: The average price of imported bananas in December 2021 increased by 10.32% month-on-month
- 2022-01-26 Ultrafast pyrolysis makes hydrogen from banana peels
- 2022-01-26 Where the world’s bananas come from
- 2022-01-25 Paraguay achieved a new banana export record in 2021
- 2022-01-25 Tecbaco exported a total of 17.8 million boxes of bananas in 2021
- 2022-01-25 Firm invests in Cambodian banana industry with $51 million venture
- 2022-01-24 "If the situation doesn't change, banana production will have no future"
- 2022-01-24 Ethiopia's false banana - is the Enset a wondercrop for climate change?
- 2022-01-24 Banana prices in Uzbekistan down 18% over past two weeks
- 2022-01-24 Living wages initiative given anti-trust green light
- 2022-01-24 Tamil Nadu growers more and more interested in banana farming
- 2022-01-19 Peru will boost the export of organic bananas from Piura
- 2022-01-19 Supply problems delay construction of potato & banana storage facilities
- 2022-01-19 In 2021, Cambodia exported 377,000 tons of bananas to China
- 2022-01-18 Ecuador tries to lower the chemical load in bananas
- 2022-01-18 African bananas still in danger of Panama Wilt
- 2022-01-18 Current average week prices of bananas at £0.82 for fruits from Colombia
- 2022-01-17 Filipino growers criticize government directive to focus on high-value export crops
- 2022-01-17 Cocaine worth £7.5 mln found in banana shipment from Colombia
- 2022-01-14 Ecuador saw record drug seizures in 2021