- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
Top 5 -yesterday
- “More than 7,000 cherry containers are coming to Hong Kong port; slow custom clearance is a problem”
- Vertically integrated berry producer launches in Ontario
- Giant capsicums appearing in Australian supermarkets
- How did cherry trees in North Okanagan weather the recent freeze?
- "Sweet potato demand bound to rise"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Co-operative Food makes switch to Fairtrade winter blueberries
As part of The Co-operative’s Ethical Plan, which was launched last year, the group pledged that if products can be labelled as Fairtrade, they will be, and aims to have achieved 90% of this by the end of 2013. The blueberry move will take The Co-operative to 80% of this overall target by the end of 2012.
The retailer has also supported a “beyond Fairtrade” initiative with its Fairtrade honey supplier, Apicoop, to enable the Chilean co-operative to expand and strengthen its export of Fairtrade blueberries. In 2007, Traidcraft supported Apicoop to diversify into blueberries and The Co-operative has sourced its Fairtrade blueberries since 2011.
The Co-operative has supported Apicoop with a project to improve infrastructure and agricultural machinery to help them manage their increasing volumes of blueberries. In addition, the welfare of Apicoop’s workers has been improved through new accommodation and sanitation facilities.
The Co-operative introduced the world’s first Fairtrade fresh blueberries two years ago, with crops coming from Blue Mountain Berries in South Africa.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-20 Lidl GB: 900th store
- 2022-01-20 GrubMarket has completed the acquisition of Terra Exports
- 2022-01-19 Metro is looking for a buyer for its Belgian branch
- 2022-01-19 Kroger: 2022 Food Trends Report
- 2022-01-18 Aldi UK: First checkout-free store in Greenwich
- 2022-01-18 BYD partners with Nuro
- 2022-01-17 Walmart appears to be venturing into the metaverse
- 2022-01-17 Online grocery startup Tawfeer has announced its intention to expand across Egypt
- 2022-01-14 Jerónimo Martins surpassed the €20bln sales milestone
- 2022-01-14 Trigo tests frictionless stores for Wakefern Food Corp.
- 2022-01-13 Tesco raised its profit outlook for the 2nd time in 4 months
- 2022-01-13 Kroger and Nuro: Expanded collaboration
- 2022-01-12 Carrefour makes a new attempt to get a foothold in Greece
- 2022-01-12 Albertsons: Robust gains in net and identical sales in Q3
- 2022-01-11 JD.com opened 2 robotic shops “ochama” in the Netherlands
- 2022-01-11 PCC Community Markets and Shipt have joined forces
- 2022-01-10 Aldi UK: Best ever Christmas
- 2022-01-10 Ralphs and Kitchen United MIX: Opening of 1st location
- 2022-01-07 Seven Fresh plans to open 12 more stores in southern China in 2022
- 2022-01-07 Walmart and FedEx sign deals for thousands of new BrightDrop electric vans