- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
- Turning to charter vessels to move Chilean blueberries
- Kenyan horticulture regulator extends avocado export ban indefinitely
- "Spanish raspberry cultivation increasingly moving to Morocco"
- Cherry breeding in Africa provides opportunities to meet growing demand
- "The growth of the blueberry industry in Northland was eventually going to be stifled by a lack of post-harvest providers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Sirane - PMA Stand 570
Innovative UK firm targeting the US market
A four-man delegation will head for PMA’s Fresh Summit in Anaheim in October as the company bids to introduce its products to the fresh produce market.
Sirane is the leading packaging development-to-manufacture company in Europe, with a high level of expertise in areas including shelf-life and absorbency.
Sandra Evans, sales manager for the US, said: “Our products have been selling well across the globe, but we are still relatively unknown in the United States.
“However, no-one in North America is doing the kind of innovative packaging that we are making, so we think there is a big gap in the market. We expect significant interest.”
Products including fruit pads offering ethylene absorbency and anti-fungal properties will be shown at the expo – the Dri-FreshTM range is aimed at allowing the fruit or vegetables to stay in the best possible condition for the longest possible time.
Also on show will be Sira-FlexTM Resolve - a film with incredible shelf-life extending properties which has caused a bit of a global stir. The film, also available in a bag format, has been shown to add five days or more additional shelf-life to some fresh produce.
Sira-FlexTM Resolve is made from a natural bio-polymer – so is fully bio-degradable. The film’s astonishing qualities mean it self-regulates the conditions inside the pack. The perfect atmosphere is maintained inside the pack even if the storage temperature is variable.
The film could lead to far less food being thrown away by customers and retailers. MD Simon Balderson said: “Shelf-life extension is the holy grail for the fruit and vegetable industry. A huge amount of food is wasted because it goes off before it is eaten.
“Using this film could reduce the amount of food waste and significantly reduce costs. We can also make it more likely that the consumer will get a quality product in good condition.”
Mr Balderson said the new technology has broken new ground – food will not dry out, there will be no ‘fogging’ within the pack, and no mould or bacteria growth.
Sirane also produces a range of cooking bags, which are perfect for cooking vegetables or fruit-based desserts in a conventional oven or a microwave.
These bags include Sira-CookTM Self-SealTM, Smart-Release and the Si-bagTM.
Jeremy Haydn-Davies, director of sales for food packaging, said: “We’re finding interest growing in cooking bags. The bags are great products, which have so many uses - straight-to oven or microwave food doesn’t have to sacrifice on flavours.
“The cooking bags keep all the flavours, and allow people to cook quickly and easily with fresh ingredients. Healthy eating and fast food can be combined. Whether it is vegetables or fruity desserts, Sirane’s cooking bags will create a sensational meal.”
A brand new product will also be on show. The new Sirane pad, which will be named Soft-Hold, is perfect for protecting soft fruit during transportation.
The pad effectively creates an 'absorbent bubble' around the produce, giving it the best possible chance of staying in a condition good enough for sale to the public.
Sandra Evans, sales manager for fruit and fresh produce, said: "At Sirane we pride ourselves on innovation, but we are particularly proud of Soft-Hold.
“We're protecting the fruit from many potential problems - protection against damage, against degredation, against mould. We can even add ethylene absorbency into the mix.”
Fresh Summit is held in Anaheim from October 26th to 28th. Email email@example.com or call +44 1952 230055 if you would like to make an appointment.
For more information:
Tel: +44 1952 230055
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-31 Peru projects $260m in business deals for fruit & veg sector from PMA
- 2017-10-31 "Our momentum continues to move forward"
- 2017-10-30 Fresh Summit exhibitors donate more than 312,000 pounds of fresh produce
- 2017-10-27 Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers' JUICI™ apple sees increased US interest
- 2017-10-26 Jin Ju Wilder ‘humbled & eager’ to lead 2017-2018 PMA Board of Directors
- 2017-10-25 Innovations at PMA: American growers get extra value from their product
- 2017-10-24 Fresh Summit exhibitors earn honors
- 2017-10-20 Emerson launches new brand and shipment tracking app
- 2017-10-20 Preparing for new leadership West Pak Avocado debuts new campaign
- 2017-10-20 Children given final call on Sensory Experience Contest winners at PMA
- 2017-10-19 Sunkist citrus season begins at 2017 PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Guatemala will showcase its agricultural exports at the PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Seasonal quartet of juices featured at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Oneonta’s JUICI™ apple to show star power at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Guatemala increases number of delegates by 75% to 80 members
- 2017-10-18 Wonderful Brands unite at PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-18 Fox Solutions™ modifies pouch bagger to accommodate tree fruit
- 2017-10-17 Farmer’s Best exhibits for 21st year at Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-17 New veggies rooted in freshness
- 2017-10-17 Autumn Glory is making its annual debut at PMA Fresh Summit