- Managing Director - Holland
- Farm Manager - Abu Dhabi
- Farm Manager greenhouse vegetable production – Vietnam
- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Dark Sigatoka threatens banana cultivation in Colombia
Now, the first one has shown up and it's quite intense.
According to a note from the Agro-Livestock Insitute in Colombia (Instituto Colombiano Agropecuario - ICA) with the help of Inagru and Augura, started a health plan action in 23,000 hectares of banana harvested in Urabá.
It's about controlling the disease know as Dark Sigatoka, that grew as a consequence of the winter wave.
According to Carlos Alberto Soto, sub-manager of Vegetable Protection at ICA, this disease diminishes banana production and damages incomes of 6,458 small and medium producers that support themselves by growing bananas in this area of the country.
"A defective control of Sigatoka could risk the permanence of Colombia in the international markets as a good quality banana exporters", he added.
Actions are directed to protect the production in this area, where there are 38,000 harvested hectares.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-13 Turkey: "Don't buy imported bananas," calls Antalya Governor
- 2019-12-13 Ecuadorian banana exports slow down
- 2019-12-12 Mexican bananas officially open the Chinese market
- 2019-12-12 Ecuador to implement a phytosanitary software to prevent the entry of Fusarium disease
- 2019-12-12 Philippines banana exports up 41%
- 2019-12-12 New aid for Canary banana producers made official
- 2019-12-12 Banana prices to increase before Christmas
- 2019-12-11 Price of top-quality bananas is rising and pulling away from the price of medium-quality bananas
- 2019-12-10 Banana growers suffer cascading effect of Cyclone Gaja
- 2019-12-09 Banana taped to wall which sold for $120,000 was eaten
- 2019-12-06 vanWylick takes over banana ripening operations with a total capacity of approx. 46,000 cartons per week
- 2019-12-06 "Winter" for banana industry in China has come early
- 2019-12-05 Introducing new slashing equipment on banana plantation has proved to be a real time-saver
- 2019-12-05 Chinese-backed banana plantations prompt fear of environmental damage
- 2019-12-05 Artsy. Duct-taped banana selling for $120,000 at Art Basel Miami
- 2019-12-05 Bananas to be exported thanks to Italian processes
- 2019-12-04 Colder weather may stimulate banana trade
- 2019-12-04 Strategies to combat banana diseases discussed by researchers and scientists
- 2019-12-04 Banana exports Davao up in first half of 2019
- 2019-12-04 Nambucca banana growers determined to bounce back