- Head Grower - Berries, New Zealand
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager (Africa Division)
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Horticulture Production Manager
- Farm Manager (Cherries) - BC, Canada
- Lead of Irrigation - Warren, MI USA
- Grower / Head Grower Canada
- Sales agents / representatives
- Tissue Culture Manager - Warren (MI) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Unifrutti has thousands of counterfeit lemon cartons destroyed in China
- “There is much potential for optimizing blueberry and grape crops with nanobubble technology”
- Japanese company develops CBD oil from orange peels
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL STONE FRUIT MARKET
- “You should not blindly rely on Russian supermarkets for quality inspections”
Top 5 -last month
US: Fruit and veg aids healthy eyesight
The research was carried out by Louise Katz from the Columbia State University and involved the polling of over 400 students at the institution to discuss their eating habits and needs for visual correction.
The results revealed that 60 per cent of young people had myopia or the early stages of near-sightedness, with many using contact lenses or glasses to correct the problem.
However, this was much lower in students who regularly ate fresh produce, suggesting that a healthy lifestyle can benefit eyesight.
Professor Katz said that more work is need to prove the initial results of the study, which is published in the Journal of Behavioural Optometry, but the primary evidence is promising as a means of averting vision problems.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-06-01 Increasing demand for Greek fruit and veg amid Covid-19
- 2020-06-01 Lack of Queensland Fruit Fly project funding is troubling
- 2020-06-01 Ukraine: USPA FRUIT plans to expand within Middle East and Africa
- 2020-05-28 Harvest of early peach varieties has started in Greece
- 2020-05-28 "Keuthmann takes care of the special expectations put upon our raw materials"
- 2020-05-28 USDA fruit prices - Economic Research Service Fruit and Tree Nuts
- 2020-05-28 Increased demand for larger strawberry packs
- 2020-05-27 New trio of nectarine brands aims to excite the consumer
- 2020-05-27 'Confronting Climate Change': Industry benchmark numbers
- 2020-05-26 Frost damage could reduce Hungarian fruit harvest by 40%
- 2020-05-26 Apple prices in Poland up by 94% due to coronavirus crisis
- 2020-05-26 Serbia selling more apples to the UK and Middle East and less to Russia
- 2020-05-26 Price of earliest Moldovan cherries not expected to be high
- 2020-05-26 Experts predict reduction of fruit yield in Russia
- 2020-05-22 "The pandemic has had a significant impact on production costs"
- 2020-05-22 Argentina’s fruit fly free areas export fresh fruit to China
- 2020-05-19 Berry producers in northern Moldova hit by frosts
- 2020-05-19 China’s ‘cherry freedom’ vanishes as consumers rethink their spending habits
- 2020-05-18 Ontario fruit growers adapt to labour challenges
- 2020-05-15 Apples in Poland are 94% more expensive than last year