- Looking for an opportunity in India
- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Farm manager / Senior grower seeking for his next role
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
New solution is biodegradable and reusable
Alternative packaging for food made from palm leaves
As the fruit is harvested and processed, the leaves simply fall to the ground and rot away. A few factories have begun to process the leaves into disposable crockery. They soften them in water and heat press them in the appropriate form.
Bio-degradable and recyclable
As part of a thesis, they designed bowls and lids for packaging fruits, vegetables and nuts. Since the start of this year, they have been developing their business idea and are starting up a business with the support of a Berlin start-up scholarship in Adlershof. Arekapak is its name. Production is to take place locally, in India.
The packaging scores high in the fields of low water and energy consumption. Afterwards, people can use them for other purposes: for example as a casserole dish or lunch box. They can also be thrown in the bio waste. The material is free of chemicals and completely biodegradable.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-04-03 US state and local governments reassess plastic bans
- 2020-03-31 British-Indian Group develops compostable film
- 2020-03-31 Recycling and reusing plastic are the solution to be sustainable
- 2020-03-27 Smart packaging enhances food safety and security
- 2020-03-26 "We continue to supply wooden containers to the sector, despite the Covid-19"
- 2020-03-26 Scottish veg processor freshens up its sprout packaging
- 2020-03-23 "Packaging plays an essential role in the delivery of vital goods"
- 2020-03-20 "We stand ready to provide this assistance to growers"
- 2020-03-20 Aptar presents anti-pathogenic food packaging solution
- 2020-03-19 Sufresca eyes commercialization of fresh produce edible coatings
- 2020-03-18 “We now offer a range of seven cardboard trays for export”
- 2020-03-16 Requests for packaging increased by 10 percent in a few days
- 2020-03-13 “At the beginning they didn’t realize the importance of replacing plastic with paper”
- 2020-03-12 FEFCO is pleased with new Circular Economy Action Plan
- 2020-03-12 UK organic supplier Riverford looks at packaging-free options
- 2020-03-05 Italian plastic pallet boxes with Dutch roots
- 2020-03-05 Spring products in new compostable film
- 2020-03-05 Sydney woman campaigns to have Aldi ditch plastic bags for bananas
- 2020-03-05 Lidl introduces reusable bags for fruit and veg
- 2020-03-04 France will ban the sale of fruit and vegetables packaged in plastic or with stickers in 2022