- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW MANGOES
- “By investing in the farm, we have more control of how things are done"
- "Having introduced the conventional bananas now in Sweden we are looking to introduce our brand into Europe”
- The popularity of a unique exotic fruit set to soar in Australia in coming seasons
- PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Dave’s Marketplace launches “Put the Crunch on Hunger” campaign
Dave’s Marketplace, a nine-store independent grocer based in East Greenwich, RI, has launched a campaign called “Put the Crunch on Hunger” which will donate $.20 per pound sold of these popular Enza apple varieties to the Rhode Island Food Bank.
“It’s the time of year when our thoughts turn to sharing with those less fortunate,” said Susan Budlong, marketing communications manager at Dave’s Marketplace. “This is a great opportunity to support our community and give our shoppers the chance to enjoy these three great-tasting apples while giving back a little, too.”
Oppy Business Development representative TJ Wilson noted that the campaign highlights the amount of good that can be done when many people undertake a small but meaningful gesture, which can allow someone to enjoy a warm meal.
“An apple a day really can help keep hunger away. That’s pretty powerful,” he said, noting that Dave’s is displaying Jazz, Envy and Pacific Rose in shipper units and on bulk tables with signage encouraging people to help the hungry by enjoying some crunchy apples. The initiative is also being supported by social media activities on all three apples’ platforms as well as Dave’s.
“It’s terrific to work with such a great partner and their generous shoppers. Together, we hope our efforts will make things a bit brighter for people needing a little extra help this holiday season,” Wilson summed up.
Tel: 206 499 7440
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-14 More winter strawberries harvested in Italy
- 2022-01-14 “Melon cultivation modernization not making up for increasing costs”
- 2022-01-14 Peruvian frozen strawberry exports increased by 50% in 2021
- 2022-01-14 China: Winter strawberries to grab the "fresh" market
- 2022-01-14 “The Legend apple is also available in organic”
- 2022-01-14 Free State apple packer expects 35% increase in volumes this year
- 2022-01-14 Australian melon growers remain resilient, despite many challenges
- 2022-01-14 "The pandemic has made us realize that we are capable of reinventing ourselves and has made us all much more professional"
- 2022-01-14 Chilean fresh fruit exports have increased by almost 8% over the previous season
- 2022-01-14 UK: Aldi and Somerset farm collaboration offers winter strawberries year-round
- 2022-01-14 PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
- 2022-01-14 "Argentina exports 8,500 tons of fresh blueberries in this campaign"
- 2022-01-13 January apple tracker reports storage down just over 4 percent from 2021
- 2022-01-13 Staay Food Group prepares for another Costa Rican melon season
- 2022-01-13 Logistics problems and high costs pressure melon industry
- 2022-01-13 Wakkerstroom farm makes sure apple quality trumps yield
- 2022-01-13 "Quite good red currant demand but hospitality closure is making it hard to get good prices"
- 2022-01-13 Two hectares of blueberry plantation in Lucena del Puerto were robbed
- 2022-01-13 "Supply chains are disrupted, from absent patrons to distributors to the industry"
- 2022-01-13 Nominations opening for watermelon promotion board