- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
- Turning to charter vessels to move Chilean blueberries
- Kenyan horticulture regulator extends avocado export ban indefinitely
- "Spanish raspberry cultivation increasingly moving to Morocco"
- Cherry breeding in Africa provides opportunities to meet growing demand
- "The growth of the blueberry industry in Northland was eventually going to be stifled by a lack of post-harvest providers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Worldwide pear day set for December 3
Beginning at 2 PM local time in New Zealand, people will have the opportunity to taste a variety of USA-grown pears via pop-up sampling opportunities in more than 24 countries including China, Saudi Arabia and Mexico and across all US time zones for 24 hours of continuous sampling and promotion of USA Pears. It’s the ideal time to celebrate the abundance and variety of USA Pears, now at their peak and available worldwide.
“This is the first time USA Pears has done a sampling event of this magnitude, and we’re really excited to have people across all time zones sample pears throughout a single day and interact on social media,” says Kevin Moffitt, president and CEO of Pear Bureau Northwest, a nonprofit trade association promoting fresh pear on behalf of the nearly 1,600 pear growers in Washington and Oregon. “While Washington and Oregon account for 84 percent of the pears commercially grown in the U.S., we export nearly 40% so they truly are a fruit enjoyed around the world.”
The ten varieties of pears grown in Washington and Oregon include: Green Anjou, Red Anjou, Bartlett, Red Bartlett, Bosc, Comice, Concorde, Forelle, Seckel and Starkrimson.
Pear Bureau Northwest
Tel: 503 652 9720
Mob: 503 652 9721
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-25 Turning to charter vessels to move Chilean blueberries
- 2022-01-25 Cherry breeding in Africa provides opportunities to meet growing demand
- 2022-01-25 Berry grower introduces hydroponic tabletop strawberry line
- 2022-01-25 Could Eastern apple growers see opportunity in 2022?
- 2022-01-25 Campaign asks people to ‘Pick Nelson Tasman’ again
- 2022-01-25 APHIS revises requirements for fresh plum fruit from Chile into the United States
- 2022-01-25 "We have shipped about 9% less fruit compared to last year"
- 2022-01-25 Rare trollinger grapes found on Central Otago vineyard
- 2022-01-25 "Spanish raspberry cultivation increasingly moving to Morocco"
- 2022-01-25 Government empowers grape growers to establish processing factories
- 2022-01-25 Table grape production Uzbekistan up 12% in 2021
- 2022-01-25 "The growth of the blueberry industry in Northland was eventually going to be stifled by a lack of post-harvest providers"
- 2022-01-24 It is expected that China's imported fruit volume will remain stable and slightly decrease in 2022
- 2022-01-24 Market analysis of Chinese apple import and export in December 2021
- 2022-01-24 "Cherry supply season reached its peak, but backlogs in Chinese ports are slowing down product movement"
- 2022-01-24 Decreasing apple output worries Kullu Valley growers
- 2022-01-24 A new high-quality strawberry from Sicily
- 2022-01-24 'At-home dining will probably increase compared to pre-pandemic levels'
- 2022-01-24 Romantic heart-shaped packaging filled with sweet strawberries
- 2022-01-24 Week 2: Chile recorded an export of 7,605 tons of fresh blueberries