- Sales Manager
- Bedrijfsleider locatie Portugal
- Key Account Manager Horticulture - Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Operations manager - Berlin area, Germany
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers | Kenya
- General Manager (Horticulture Farm) | Kenya
- Floral Designer - Floral Direct. Carle Place, NY (Long Island, USA)
- Tomato Breeder (H/F)
- Junior / Senior Export Manager
- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Vietnam: Air freight costs hinder fruit exports
Thang explained how his company has to use Thai, Malaysian and Singaporean airlines because they cost “half or one third their of Vietnamese counterparts”.
For each kilogram of fruit worth $1, his company pays $2-3 in freight. “We pay $2.90-3.20 per kilogram for consignments under 1,000 kg when shipping to Europe by Vietnamese carriers, but only $1.20-1.80 with Thai carriers.” His company had lost several orders from the Republic of South Korea to Thai rivals because of the pricing.
Nguyen Manh Hung, General Director of Nafoods Group: “The high air freight cost is the biggest hurdle to the development of Vietnamese fruit exports.” Due to the costs, his company can only export around 1,000 tons of passion fruit, he said. “If we can reduce transportation costs, we can sharply increase our quantity.”
En.vietnamplus.vn describes how even large companies can only export a few thousand tons of fruits a year to more distant markets like America and Europe. Thus, high air freight tariffs are limiting the competitiveness of Vietnamese fruits in the international market.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-08-12 Agri export air freight squeeze and higher costs may last until 2024
- 2020-08-12 EU pest interceptions in citrus imports up until July almost equal all of the interceptions of 2019
- 2020-08-11 Plane-delivered peaches to bridge gap from farm to grocery
- 2020-08-11 "Logistician at the center of supply assignments"
- 2020-08-11 Tru-Cape searches for solutions to Cape Town Port crisis
- 2020-08-10 P&O Ferrymasters commences operations at DP World London Gateway Logistics Park LG231
- 2020-08-10 Eco-friendly intermodal solution connects Spain, UK and Ireland
- 2020-07-24 Guyana: Temporary shutdown of airports hits non-traditional agri exports
- 2020-07-24 Edmonton airport eyes growing future in perishables
- 2020-07-24 “South African citrus growth has exceeded our expectations”
- 2020-07-22 Port of Savannah grows to keep ahead of South American import growth
- 2020-07-22 "Navigation offers insight into sustainable transport connections"
- 2020-07-21 PML reports business in good health, despite pandemic
- 2020-07-21 Navistar and TuSimple partner to bring autonomous trucks to market
- 2020-07-21 Conventional shipping & Covid-19: should South Africa’s grape & stonefruit sectors take note?
- 2020-07-21 What does the future hold for reefer shipping and the cold chain?
- 2020-07-21 P&O Ferrymasters launches new consultancy service to help customers access data-driven logistics solutions
- 2020-07-21 First half of 2020: Kuehne+Nagel manages the crisis successfully
- 2020-07-20 Thailand tries two new strategies to get perishables to China
- 2020-07-20 Rise in shipments by Turkish Airlines Cargo Operations