- Crop specialist Horticulture (Roses)
- North American Salesperson - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical Sales Agronomist - Switzerland
- International Retail Account Manager Fruit
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Fruit
- Territory Account Manager - Texas, Colorado, and the Toronto/Niagara area of Canada
- National Development Manager, Bravo(TM) Apples - Australia
- Greenhouse Head Grower and Manager - Canada
- Greenhouse operations manager - Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
- Booming South African blueberry industry eyes Asian markets
- Opportunities in the US market come from the great marketing done by the citrus community
- Almost everybody is happy with the new Tomato Suspension Agreement
- Zirkle Fruit to lay off 300 workers in Prosser, WA
- Polish blueberry season recovering, work force needed for manual harvesting
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Enormous, but strange avocado
- Will Asia Fruit Logistica take place in September? Trade show organization offers participants option in December
- Avocado market expected to tighten in coming weeks
- "India can have its place in the avocado growing industry"
- Potato prices double due to shortage in Europe
Polish prefer buying organic directly from growers than supermarkets
According to data from the Trade Quality Inspection of Agricultural and Food Products (Inspekcji Jakości Handlowej Artykułów Rolno-Spożywczych) there were 23,375 organic producers in Poland at the end of 2016, an increase of 360 producers compared to the year before. Undoubtedly, this increase is even higher for 2018.
Grupa Owoce Natury saw the potential of offering organic fruits and vegetables to the Polish market back in 2011.
"We provide customers with a healthy and safe product, that meets the highest requirements. We already have many years of experience and are interested in the
natural environment as well as the health and well-being of our clients. We engage ourselves in organic production to provide healthier food, with a longer shelf life, rich in vitamins and micro-elements," shared Anna Litwon from Grupa Owoce Natury.
Because the company has been offering organic products for several years now, they have had the opportunity to build up a database of proven suppliers which include; apples, pears, blueberries, blueberries, goji berries, cherries, raspberries, strawberries, plums and peppers, carrots, onions, beetroots, cabbage, leeks, celery, cucumbers and zucchini, amongst others.
"We guarantee optimal organization of deliveries - logistics facilities, packaging and quality control. To ensure safety, we cooperate with 2 companies supervising the production process. We provide deliveries to anywhere in Europe and around the world. We also have the capability to develop a range of frozen, dried products, juices, conventional fruits and vegetables," Anna said.
With a culture of buying fresh products from direct from the grower in local markets and along the side of the road, Anna said that consumers are more likely to trust and buy organics from these places versus supermarkets.
"It's a common perception in Poland that buyer directly from the grower assures the consumer of a more genuine product. The funny thing is we don't really know exactly who we are buying from, it could just be someone who bought it at the wholesale market and dressed up like a farmer. This is why there are still not very large assortments of organic products in the supermarkets, there is usually only a small section because they are worried about losses just in case they are not able to sell it all." concluded Anna.
For more information:
Grupa Owoce Natury Sp. z o.o.
Tel. +48 22 343 98 81
Fax +48 22 343 98 10
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-07-19 "Companies that are caught selling false organic apples should receive major punishments"
- 2019-07-17 Blueberry prices plummeting in Poland
- 2019-07-16 “Apples still stored in cold rooms are responsible for current low prices”
- 2019-07-15 Disease prevention in raspberry cultivation
- 2019-07-12 "Imported Polish apples popular in China"
- 2019-07-11 "Hot temperatures are causing the production of tomatoes to slow down"
- 2019-07-10 Poland: Haskap berry season only lasted for two weeks
- 2019-07-09 “Prices for soft fruit were totally unstable in the past two weeks”
- 2019-07-08 Tough situation on Polish gooseberry market
- 2019-07-05 “These extremes are causing disruptions to the blueberry season”
- 2019-07-04 “Our brand Bio Queen is now recognizable on the European markets”
- 2019-07-03 “Polish companies are competing with each other to offer the lowest price”
- 2019-07-02 Polish super fruits have their own holiday
- 2019-07-01 FreshPlaza Poland Special
- 2018-06-29 Haskap producers need to work together for promotion
- 2018-06-28 More Polish producers turn to printed foil packaging
- 2018-06-27 Polish raspberry prices under pressure
- 2018-06-26 Could exotic mushrooms be a solution to labour shortages?
- 2018-06-25 Talk of crop failure amongst Polish summer fruit growers
- 2018-06-25 Poland: Producers protest against low potato prices