- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
McCain Foods makes significant strategic investment in vertical farming
Since its inception in 2011, the Company has assembled a strong team of leading experts to develop and advance these proprietary growing systems, that can be located anywhere, from the heart of an urban centre to remote communities with harsh climates. TruLeaf currently sells its produce in Atlantic Canada under the GoodLeaf brand, in retail and food service channels.
McCain Foods is actively engaging with entrepreneurs in developing and commercializing agri-food technologies; the strategic investment in TruLeaf is in direct support of McCain Foods’ innovation strategy.
Commenting on the partnership, Max Koeune, President and CEO of McCain Foods Limited said, "McCain has a 60 year track record of advancing agricultural practices to the benefit of crop quality and environmental standards. Over this time, we have worked closely with many research institutions, technology partners and of course, our global network of growers. We remain committed to this approach and as such are always looking to partner with innovative businesses like TruLeaf to continue to set new standards for environmental care and efficient crop production, through advancing agricultural technology".
Gregg Curwin, TruLeaf Founder and CEO said, "We are extremely pleased to be entering this next phase of development and growth with such a strong leading global food company as McCain Foods. We believe this partnership will accelerate TruLeaf’s farm build-out, providing high quality, local, fresh produce to more Canadians while also expanding our reach to other countries around the world."
For more information:
Tel: +1 (416) 955-1700
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Spain: Coopcisa, Coopego and Novacitrus join forces to form Green Fruits Coop. V.
- 2018-12-14 California grower adds Sandra Sanchez to Team
- 2018-12-14 Dole Food Company sells Fresh Cut businesses in Sweden and Finland
- 2018-12-14 Shoprite opens first of its own distribution centres in Nigeria
- 2018-12-14 Olivier van Assche returns to fresh fruit and vegetable sector via software
- 2018-12-13 Greater planting distance leads to early cucumbers
- 2018-12-13 Carrefour opens its first laboratory store in Paris
- 2018-12-13 Camposol wins three acknowledgements granted by the Ministry of Labor and Employment Promotion
- 2018-12-13 Capespan strengthens food safety promise
- 2018-12-13 SanLucar celebrates its debute in the luxury department store KaDeWe
- 2018-12-12 SumoSalad merges with THR1VE
- 2018-12-12 New building complex in Enger for labelling and inspection systems
- 2018-12-12 Spain: Jordi Cruz named ambassador of Jimbee brand
- 2018-12-12 Vitacress announces new senior appointments
- 2018-12-12 What are the biggest pitfalls on the Chinese import market?
- 2018-12-11 Losses from hurricane Irma affect Alico’s annual figures
- 2018-12-11 HKW buys fruit and vegetable distributor Fresh Direct Produce
- 2018-12-11 Leadership change for Fresca Group
- 2018-12-11 REO Veiling meets and informs its future generation of producers
- 2018-12-11 Van Ossenbruggen invests in new packing station and access road to N320