- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
This season was 'spectacular' for Greek kiwi producers
"It's been a once in a lifetime type of season. Shortages of volumes from Italy brought high demand, which also meant high prices. Since we didn't have any production issues, we are looking at double the returns compared to last year. The situation also brought us a lot of opportunity to expand into new markets such as Asia and Latin America (Chile, Uruguay)," Christina said.
Competition between Italy and Greece has always been tough, but Christina said that Greek kiwis are gaining more and more ground with each passing year. She said that it is all about making export markets more familiar with Greek kiwis to increase their value.
"Our value shouldn't just be about having a competitive fruit, but we also need to have quality for added value. It's all about image, and that is what we have been busy with here at Zeus for years. We focus on high quality standards so all of our clients and markets have come to trust our brand. We are not just trading the fruit, but we are busy developing new varieties and techniques which focus on nutrition, shelf life, along with environmental protection which is what the Zeus vision is all about" shared Christina.
As gold kiwis continue to increase in demand, the company is currently busy developing their own varieties which they will be offering in the future.
"There is a lot of demand for golds, especially from Asia, which is why we started developing our own varieties as far back as 8 years ago. We still don't have enough gold kiwis at the moment from a marketing perspective, which is why we have been busy developing a gold variety at a University in Italy, which will be patented by Zeus and its associates. We are hoping to have enough of our own variety in the next 5-6years, to meet demand."
For more information:
Tel: +30 2351045395
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 US importer announces fifth year of expanded Spanish fruit imports
- 2018-12-14 Passionfruit - a challenging prospect for Florida growers
- 2018-12-14 Moving towards an all year round offer of avocados
- 2018-12-14 New role may alleviate kiwifruit labour shortage
- 2018-12-14 Investigation into ‘illegal’ garlic imports into South Africa
- 2018-12-14 "We extract our pomegranate arils manually 365 days a year"
- 2018-12-14 "Kaki prices are good, but don't reflect the 50% drop in the production"
- 2018-12-13 High demand for cut goods and exotics during the Advent season
- 2018-12-13 Bangladesh ambassador: 'We should export more products to China'
- 2018-12-13 China: Taizhou winter bamboo enters market early
- 2018-12-13 Turkey: New initiative to export avocados
- 2018-12-13 Australian ginger industry gains a fresh perspective
- 2018-12-13 Lychees: high quality, low quantity
- 2018-12-12 China: “White yams in short supply for many years”
- 2018-12-12 Pressure on the price of high caliber avocados
- 2018-12-11 Special time of year for jicama production
- 2018-12-11 Hamburg importer starts pomegranate season with stronger brand presence
- 2018-12-11 Honduras will export rambutan to Bolivia and Spain
- 2018-12-11 Peru: ProHass will promote avocados in China next year
- 2018-12-10 California's challenging persimmon season draws to a close