- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
South African agricultural roadmap
Western Cape’s SmartAgri Plan
The Smart Agriculture for Climate Resilience (SmartAgri) project was a collaboration between the Western Cape Department of Agriculture, the Western Cape Department of Environmental Affairs & Development Planning and the University of Cape Town’s African Climate and Development Initiative.
Its aim was to convene stakeholders from the agricultural sector including farmers, agricultural organizations and governmental agencies, and provide a roadmap for actions to improve the sector’s resilience to a changing climate. The highly collaborative process started in August 2014 and lasted 20 months.
Theclimategroup.org reports that although the main output of the project –the SmartAgri Plan– has been finalized, the Government and other stakeholders involved are now working on making sure its recommendations are implemented.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Nigerian tomato growers happy with assistance of Dangote
- 2018-12-18 Jordan determines which fruits and vegetables may be imported from Syria
- 2018-12-18 Chile: A group of Chinese journalists visits the fruit industry
- 2018-12-18 Uganda’s horticulture exports risk EU ban
- 2018-12-18 Due to Brexit SuperValu owner Musgrave turns to non-UK food suppliers
- 2018-12-17 New York Produce Show attracts good crowd
- 2018-12-17 Spain: Almeria already exports 80% of the fruit and veg it produces
- 2018-12-17 Ireland: Farmers protest below-cost selling of vegetables
- 2018-12-17 Bulgaria: Over 50% of goods in seven retail chains are from domestic producers
- 2018-12-17 “Plenty of Spanish produce on the market”
- 2018-12-17 Demand from Woolworths and Coles spurs Simplot's processing plant volumes
- 2018-12-14 AU: Queensland and Western Australian state governments to help expand horticulture opportunities
- 2018-12-14 "The euphoria over snack vegetables has given way to reality"
- 2018-12-14 "Strikes in France are harming customers all over Europe, not just those in their own country"
- 2018-12-14 Morrisons launches 1 kilogram fruit and veg box for £1
- 2018-12-14 Agri food trade between the Netherlands and Saudi Arabia in 2017
- 2018-12-13 Pakistan fourth largest producer of chickpeas in world: FAO report
- 2018-12-13 Patients now leave Rex Hospital with bags of groceries
- 2018-12-13 New Zealand food prices ease in November
- 2018-12-13 Only Spain and Greece still active in the cucumber market