- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Trellising in avocado orchards is “pushing the boundaries of production"
- The avocado industry has been going through a "golden era"
Criticism about film in asparagus cultivation
Dark film will store heat from sunlight
But environmentalists criticize the heavy use of film: they mess up the landscape. In Brandenburg, the Nabu Conservation Union fears that breeding grounds and insects are disappearing for birds. And: there is waste. The association of southern German asparagus farmers emphasizes that the film can be used for up to twelve years and can then be recycled into garbage bags. They reduce pesticide use as there are less weeds. Anyone looking for asparagus, grown without the use of foil should go to farmers nearby. Bio asparagus may also be cultivated under foil.
Source: Stiftung Warentest
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-18 "Dutch cucumber market recovered well; reasonable bell pepper season"
- 2019-10-18 Japan: Vegetable prices rising after Typhoon Hagibis
- 2019-10-18 "Export of Chinese garlic shows rapid improvement"
- 2019-10-18 AU: Onions recorded the largest growth in export value in 2018/2019
- 2019-10-18 France: “Old vegetables are making a strong comeback”
- 2019-10-18 Eastern Broccoli Project on track to meet $100M goal
- 2019-10-18 Sicilian Purple Artichoke: good quantities are expected
- 2019-10-17 Good prospects for the Argentine garlic harvest in Mendoza
- 2019-10-17 Tuscan Baby Romaine and 1-pound clamshell salad line to be revealed at PMA
- 2019-10-17 Switzerland: One in four lettuces is pre-cut
- 2019-10-17 "Great diversity in demand for Chinese ginger from various overseas markets"
- 2019-10-17 Italy: Shelf life for peppers is only proven on supermarket shelves
- 2019-10-17 Transition begins for North American tomato season
- 2019-10-17 "The Crunch Out campaign aims to get people excited about carrots again"
- 2019-10-17 “We now grow 50% of our own bell peppers”
- 2019-10-17 Low prices for Sinaloa's Mexican cucumber
- 2019-10-16 New line of microgreens launched
- 2019-10-16 Taiwan will combat falsely labeled farm products from China
- 2019-10-16 "Dip in sales for White and brown mushrooms; sales of exotic mushrooms stable"
- 2019-10-16 "For sweet corn, typical vacuum packaging continues to be popular"