- Crop Advisor
- Laboratory Project Manager - Almeria, Spain
- Junior buyer/ seller - Alicante, Spain
- Office and Sales Administrator - Alkmaar - Schagen, Nederland
- Greenhouse Plug Propagator - Dunnville (Ontario) Canada
- Head Grower new Tomato farm, Iowa USA
- Sales Manager
- Senior Grower Tomato, NSW Australia
- Grower Managers (5ha or 10ha) - Australia
- Rose Grower
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
Rombola Family Farms in Nericon near Griffith voluntary halted production of potentially contaminated melons after becoming aware of the outbreak which has infected 17 elderly people across the country, killing two Victorians and two people from NSW.
The family-owned business has been working with the New South Wales Food Authority and with the entire supply chain to identify, quarantine and remedy the source of the listeria, a spokeswoman said in a statement on Thursday.
Araratadvertiser.com.au quoted her as saying: "As a family business we are all too aware of the impact the outbreak is having on fellow growers and the wider industry. Safety and quality are at the centre of what we do - year on year we examine and improve our systems and technology and we believe we operate one of the most advanced grower and packer facilities in the industry."
As a result of the outbreak, the NSW Food Authority may apply additional regulatory actions or supervision to the rockmelon industry to ensure compliance and to see improved safety outcomes.
The Authority is confident all affected produce has been removed from the supply chain and the rockmelons currently for sale and export are not contaminated.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-11-20 US officials name romaine in Maryland E. coli outbreak
- 2019-11-19 EU finds issues with Serbian fruit control
- 2019-11-18 ‘Grapes in local markets contain high levels of pesticides’
- 2019-11-18 EU steps up monitoring of Kenya’s horticulture imports
- 2019-11-15 FDA will test romaine lettuce for pathogens
- 2019-11-13 APHIS analyses risks associated with importing carrots from Republic of Korea
- 2019-11-13 Study shows IFCO's sanitation process is effective against ToBRFV
- 2019-11-12 Church Brothers Farms announces new VP of food safety and quality
- 2019-11-12 Russ Davis Wholesale issues recall due to possible listeria contamination
- 2019-11-11 U.S. grower increases criteria for yearly internal food safety audits this season
- 2019-11-08 Whole Foods recalls Mann Packing products due to possible Listeria contamination
- 2019-11-07 First Australian Salmonella Havana outbreak has been traced to alfalfa sprouts
- 2019-11-06 Health Minister Koca urges calm over spinach poisoning
- 2019-11-06 More voluntary recalls issued due to possible Listeria contamination
- 2019-11-05 Canada: Freshcut vegetable recall as reponse to possible Listeria contamination
- 2019-11-05 Spinach hospitalises dozens in Turkey
- 2019-11-05 Guyana temporarily bans import of romaine lettuce
- 2019-11-01 Wawona Frozen Food voluntarily recalls frozen raspberries due to possible health risk
- 2019-11-01 Possible Listeria contamination in sweet kale bagged salad blend
- 2019-11-01 US: FDA hid romaine-related outbreak from public for more than 6 weeks