- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"The banana industry seems to be catching up with the overall supply"
The company is a family owned business, which started 60 years ago. “We have grown to be one of the premier growers, exporters and distributors of banana in the world. Our Cavendish bananas are produced in own farms located in Guatemala, Ecuador and Peru. This allows us to produce the highest quality bananas in the most sustainable way possible and we sell them under the label One Banana, as well as our customers’ labels.”
He continues that the fruit primarily comes from Guatemala, but the organic bananas are grown in Peru. “Our farm in Peru is one of the largest organic banana plantations in the world. We continue to see tremendous growth and demand for organic bananas, so that´s why we invested in this farm in Peru. All of our farms are certified with Rainforest Alliance, and we take great pride in our pride in the care for our workers, the surrounding communities and the environment.”
At One Banana - the better banana company - they truly believe the company makes a difference concludes Adams. “We strive to do things better every day. Not just focused on the production process, but also with corporate social responsibility issues. We have aligned our CSR programme with the Sustainable Development Goals from United Nations. There are 17 goals and the countries where we operate have signed the commitment to reach the goals. Our program is focused mainly on education, health, environment, and a living wage.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Challenges faced by Philippines banana industry in 2018
- 2018-12-13 Sustainable bananas in greenhouses: first 'Dutch bananas' harvested
- 2018-12-12 China: How do banana production areas fare as a cold wave invades?
- 2018-12-12 Plantains becoming more available in mainstream US supermarkets
- 2018-12-12 Cameroon banana exports reach 17,137 tons in November 2018
- 2018-12-11 Golden opportunity for banana growers
- 2018-12-11 Open letter from African banana producers to supermarkets
- 2018-12-10 Panama: Producers of Baru file a complaint against President Varela
- 2018-12-10 Spain: Asprocan denounces EU's lack of action against banana oversupply
- 2018-12-10 France: “The banana market is suffocating”
- 2018-12-10 Italy: Selling bananas at different degrees of ripeness
- 2018-12-07 Samoa back on track with banana export to New Zealand
- 2018-12-07 China: Will the banana price recover?
- 2018-12-07 South China banana plantations expecting low temperatures
- 2018-12-07 Philippine banana brand organizes anniversary promotions
- 2018-12-07 Port of Trieste may become gateway for Europe’s banana imports from India
- 2018-12-07 Peru: Banana exports up to October amount to more than $139 million dollars
- 2018-12-07 Ghana exporting plantain to Burkina Faso, Togo and Benin
- 2018-12-06 "The Paris basin is experiencing significant problems in terms of supply and quality"
- 2018-12-05 Supermarkets welcome the "new Caribbean banana"