- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
- Hoofd Engineering - Gameren, Nederland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Violence in Mexico puts avocado exports to the US at risk
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Clearing the rubble in Spain after the severe weather; leafy vegetable shortages a sure thing in the winter"
Shippable fridge-freezer combination made of corrugated cardboard
Temperature-controlled packaging for food and medical devices
Multiple temperature zones within one shipping package make the "THIMM COOLandFREEZE" a sustainable innovation in e-commerce. The different zones are ideal for shipping temperature-sensitive foods or medical products. A combination with temperature-insensitive products is possible.
Temperature-controlled packaging for food and medical products
"The construction consists of a two-part outer packaging and modular inlays for different temperature zones," explains Martin Meinecke, packaging developer at Thimm. "The outer packaging protects from moisture such as condensation with a layer of polyethylene. By means of novel folding techniques, the box can be rapid constructed and stabilised. The temperature zones are generated by inlays. Thus, they can be combined for the transport of, for example, fruit or vegetables with fresh products such as cheese or sausage.”
The inlay for uncooled products consists of corrugated cardboard and is the basis for the other temperature zones. A blanket of natural fibers enclosed in polyethylene foil acts as an insulator. Water-based cooling batteries provide a target temperature below 3 degrees Celsius and create the transport area for refrigerated products. For frozen products, dry ice is used to reach a temperature of -18 degrees Celsius. By means of these cooling elements the level of product cooling is controlled and maintained for up to 48 hours.
Delivery is either prefabricated or as a flat pack. This corrugated cardboard packaging is a more sustainable alternative to polystyrene or plastic shipping solutions.
Philipp Teßnow and Martin Meinecke at the award ceremony of the iF Design Awards
iF Design Award
The iF Design Award has been regarded as an internationally recognized award for good design since 1953. Around 60 independent experts from more than 20 countries selected the award winners according to a clearly structured process based on firm criteria. The jury assessed innovation and development, functionality, design quality, responsibility and positioning. The award ceremony of the iF Design Award 2018 took place on 9th March in the BMW Welt in Munich.
For more information:
THIMM Group GmbH + Co. KG
Breslauer Str. 12
Tel.: +49 5551 703 0
Fax: +49 5551 703 321
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-16 NatureFresh Farms puts sustainability in the spotlight with compostable tray
- 2019-10-11 The Unipaker is single pick and packs up to 75 packs a minute
- 2019-10-11 "The great challenge in packaging is to achieve a natural, sustainable and premium appearance”
- 2019-10-10 Canadian company launches all-paper label and waste liner
- 2019-10-10 Owyhee Produce to grow its own onions bags
- 2019-10-10 Casting the limelight on eco-design and packaging
- 2019-10-10 Launching sustainable greener packaging
- 2019-10-08 Earthcycle™ home compostable packaging unveils new designs
- 2019-10-08 Embrapa Food Technology’s innovative fruit case
- 2019-10-08 Banana Leaf Preservation Technology: Leaves to replace single use plastics
- 2019-10-03 The ultimate sustainable packaging: woven coconut leaf baskets
- 2019-10-02 Greenhouse leader expands sustainable solutions
- 2019-10-02 France: “Demand for wood packaging increases as plastic becomes less popular”
- 2019-10-02 Giacovelli chooses Grape Touch labels
- 2019-10-01 Mazzoni Group opts for natural branding
- 2019-10-01 Dutch company gets new apple packaging
- 2019-10-01 Waitrose & Partners to reduce plastic packaging
- 2019-09-27 New 100% recycled containers to keep fried foods warm and crunchy
- 2019-09-26 Organic goods store Denn comes out on top
- 2019-09-26 PMA packaging committee in Chile to work on creation of sustainability plan