- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Greenhouse Manager - Carlisle (PA) USA
- Electricians / Irrigation Technicians International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Regional Sales Manager - LED Horticulture / Benelux and France
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Export Development Manager - Avocados Australia, Brisbane
- Chief Commercial Officer - Las Vegas (Nevada) USA
- Sales Executive
- Retail Sales Manager - Remote position, most likely located in the US
- Supply Manager - Category Team (Berries Figs & Pomegranates) Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane (Australia)
Top 5 -last week
- Myanmar avocados trial in the UK
- Blueberry grower alleges United Exports claimed royalties on unregistered varieties
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL KAKI MARKET
- Destruction of vegetables in Almería due to the fall in prices this past week
- “The full weight of the ‘shared responsibility’ falls on the banana producers”
Top 5 -last month
Shippable fridge-freezer combination made of corrugated cardboard
Temperature-controlled packaging for food and medical devices
Multiple temperature zones within one shipping package make the "THIMM COOLandFREEZE" a sustainable innovation in e-commerce. The different zones are ideal for shipping temperature-sensitive foods or medical products. A combination with temperature-insensitive products is possible.
Temperature-controlled packaging for food and medical products
"The construction consists of a two-part outer packaging and modular inlays for different temperature zones," explains Martin Meinecke, packaging developer at Thimm. "The outer packaging protects from moisture such as condensation with a layer of polyethylene. By means of novel folding techniques, the box can be rapid constructed and stabilised. The temperature zones are generated by inlays. Thus, they can be combined for the transport of, for example, fruit or vegetables with fresh products such as cheese or sausage.”
The inlay for uncooled products consists of corrugated cardboard and is the basis for the other temperature zones. A blanket of natural fibers enclosed in polyethylene foil acts as an insulator. Water-based cooling batteries provide a target temperature below 3 degrees Celsius and create the transport area for refrigerated products. For frozen products, dry ice is used to reach a temperature of -18 degrees Celsius. By means of these cooling elements the level of product cooling is controlled and maintained for up to 48 hours.
Delivery is either prefabricated or as a flat pack. This corrugated cardboard packaging is a more sustainable alternative to polystyrene or plastic shipping solutions.
Philipp Teßnow and Martin Meinecke at the award ceremony of the iF Design Awards
iF Design Award
The iF Design Award has been regarded as an internationally recognized award for good design since 1953. Around 60 independent experts from more than 20 countries selected the award winners according to a clearly structured process based on firm criteria. The jury assessed innovation and development, functionality, design quality, responsibility and positioning. The award ceremony of the iF Design Award 2018 took place on 9th March in the BMW Welt in Munich.
For more information:
THIMM Group GmbH + Co. KG
Breslauer Str. 12
Tel.: +49 5551 703 0
Fax: +49 5551 703 321
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-11-26 Zip Top launches products in Australia
- 2020-11-26 "Why sell candy in cone bags, but not radishes?"
- 2020-11-24 Investing in research despite difficult times
- 2020-11-24 Flexibility in paper packaging designs while preserving 100% recyclability
- 2020-11-23 "During this period of uncertainty, we are focusing on the production and on food safety values"
- 2020-11-23 Circular supply chain main focus of Dutch Fruit Tech Campus
- 2020-11-19 "We now offer 100% recyclable cardboard packaging for our flagship products"
- 2020-11-18 Large German berry packer moves toward sustainability with traysealer
- 2020-11-18 "From 2020, our production capacity is one million pieces a day"
- 2020-11-17 Indian researchers develop bio-degradable packing from cucumber peel
- 2020-11-13 New Heirloom Apple Discovery pack showcases eco-friendly packaging
- 2020-11-12 "We see opportunities for reusable lids in the convenience fruit segment"
- 2020-11-12 "It is not just asparagus producers who want to simplify and automate their packaging processes"
- 2020-11-11 "Use of laser technology is allowed for everyone; it is not a protected process"
- 2020-11-11 “Shallower plastic fruit boxes provide more space and a little less pressure”
- 2020-11-11 Bay Of Plenty post-harvest facility prepares for stage 4 expansion
- 2020-11-10 Dutch company has new light-weight PP buckets
- 2020-11-09 “We expect to see the Covid-19 packaging trends continue into 2021”
- 2020-11-06 "Our business model is a win-win situation for everyone involved"
- 2020-11-04 Belgian company, Warnez, used 94 tons less plastic for its potato packaging