- Autonomous Greenhouse Manager
- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
- Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
- Sales Manager
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants
- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
- Produce Construction Manager - USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Shippable fridge-freezer combination made of corrugated cardboard
Temperature-controlled packaging for food and medical devices
Multiple temperature zones within one shipping package make the "THIMM COOLandFREEZE" a sustainable innovation in e-commerce. The different zones are ideal for shipping temperature-sensitive foods or medical products. A combination with temperature-insensitive products is possible.
Temperature-controlled packaging for food and medical products
"The construction consists of a two-part outer packaging and modular inlays for different temperature zones," explains Martin Meinecke, packaging developer at Thimm. "The outer packaging protects from moisture such as condensation with a layer of polyethylene. By means of novel folding techniques, the box can be rapid constructed and stabilised. The temperature zones are generated by inlays. Thus, they can be combined for the transport of, for example, fruit or vegetables with fresh products such as cheese or sausage.”
The inlay for uncooled products consists of corrugated cardboard and is the basis for the other temperature zones. A blanket of natural fibers enclosed in polyethylene foil acts as an insulator. Water-based cooling batteries provide a target temperature below 3 degrees Celsius and create the transport area for refrigerated products. For frozen products, dry ice is used to reach a temperature of -18 degrees Celsius. By means of these cooling elements the level of product cooling is controlled and maintained for up to 48 hours.
Delivery is either prefabricated or as a flat pack. This corrugated cardboard packaging is a more sustainable alternative to polystyrene or plastic shipping solutions.
Philipp Teßnow and Martin Meinecke at the award ceremony of the iF Design Awards
iF Design Award
The iF Design Award has been regarded as an internationally recognized award for good design since 1953. Around 60 independent experts from more than 20 countries selected the award winners according to a clearly structured process based on firm criteria. The jury assessed innovation and development, functionality, design quality, responsibility and positioning. The award ceremony of the iF Design Award 2018 took place on 9th March in the BMW Welt in Munich.
For more information:
THIMM Group GmbH + Co. KG
Breslauer Str. 12
Tel.: +49 5551 703 0
Fax: +49 5551 703 321
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-10-21 Environmental friendliness and practicality are two key considerations for Chinese packaging manufacturers
- 2020-10-20 "Maximum productivity through machine adaptations"
- 2020-10-19 France: A 100 % plastic-free packaging for Traditional shallots
- 2020-10-19 The new route traced by Fabbri Group awarded “Best Packaging 2020” for “Technological Innovation”
- 2020-10-16 “Sustainable packaging is sometimes not an option if cardboard can't be used”
- 2020-10-16 "IPL enjoys 25% increase in throughput"
- 2020-10-15 'The all-new Ribbon Printer speeds up to 1000mm/s'
- 2020-10-14 New Compact Pattern Labeler™ with vision recognition to benefit smaller packing houses
- 2020-10-13 Sustainable line of PET films to be showcased at Fresh Summit
- 2020-10-13 Official opening for Tahiti limes packhouse in Colombia this week
- 2020-10-12 Fully recyclable cardboard clamshells for strawberries launched
- 2020-10-12 Remmert Dekker Packaging wins European Carton Excellence Award
- 2020-10-09 Brazilian packaging company offers extended shelf-life and reduced transportation costs
- 2020-10-09 Why can't fruit and vegetable compartmented bags get off the ground?
- 2020-10-09 Extended shelf life of fresh produce through collaboration
- 2020-10-08 Box assembler in action
- 2020-10-07 Citrus offered in new high-graphic sustainable citrus packaging this season
- 2020-10-07 "Secondary raw material from our balers is integrated into the recycling cycle"
- 2020-10-06 New pomelo packaging 50% lighter, disposable in one go and not more expensive
- 2020-10-06 Sustainable packaging without sacrificing operational excellence