- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
First organic apples from Wenatchee to India
Announcing the launch of organic apples in the market, Mr. Tarun Arora, Director, IG International Pvt. Ltd said, “With the launch of organic apples, we further emphasize on importance of healthy eating and want to convey that ‘fruits are the best snacks’. Organic fruits have picked interest from fruit lovers in the country and by launching the best of Organic Apples, we have delivered what the consumers want. Our collaboration with Stemilt has been a grand success and enabled us to bring variety of fruits to the consumers in India so far. We value our association with Stemilt and aim to work together with them to bring diverse variety of fruits to the consumers in India.”
Mr. William P Young, Sr. Export Account Manager, Stemilt Growers further added, “Organic apples is a very popular offering from us and we are proud to bring it to Indian consumers. Like many other countries, India has emerged as a sizable market for organic produce and we are working towards satisfying the growing demand. We are fortunate to have a partner in IG International that will enable us to take our products to wider audience in the country.” Stemilt’s organic growing practice dates back to 30 years with organic fruits such as apples, pears and cherries under the Stemilt Artisan Organics™ label.
After bananas, apples are the most consumed fruits in India and a favourite among the health and fitness enthusiasts. Consumption of apples in the country is estimated at 2.24 MMT in MY 2017/18, up from 2.23 MMT the previous year. India’s consumption of international varieties of apples has also risen considerably over the years. Now, with Organic Fruit consumption constituting of 52% of total organic food products in India, demand for Organic Apples have also gone up significantly.
Organic farming is an integrated farming system that strives for sustainability, enhancement of soil fertility and biological diversity, and excludes use of synthetic inputs into the farming process. The system is known for yielding healthier produce and leaving more productive soil for the future crops. Organic fruits are loved for their consistent sweetness up to the core of the fruit, unlike chemically ripened fruits.
Organic apples from IG International will be available at retail outlets across India.
For more information: www.iginternational.net
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 Rwanda: NAEB starts fruit project to shore up exports
- 2018-12-12 Italy: Cocktail Plum, a very successful tomato
- 2018-12-12 Congo: Kiwi for 14 euros/kg
- 2018-12-11 Poland: Official study on changes taking place in apple growing sector
- 2018-12-11 High demand for European apples in China
- 2018-12-11 South African fruit industry expansion shows faith in the future
- 2018-12-07 Italy: Successful partnership between Apofruit Italia and Società Frutticoltori Trento
- 2018-12-06 "Limited impact of hail on Chilean berry season"
- 2018-12-04 “We invested in new varieties and IQ optical sourcing lines”
- 2018-12-03 Chile: “We expect good volumes for Chilean cherry export”
- 2018-12-03 South Africa: Electricity cuts a great irritation to fruit industry
- 2018-11-29 What kinds of fruit do Taiwanese customers like to eat?
- 2018-11-29 Argentina: Blueberry export volumes are behind compared to last year
- 2018-11-28 Mexico: “We hope to start our strawberry export to Europe this season”
- 2018-11-27 Tunisian fruit exports to Libya soaring
- 2018-11-27 Ukrainian apples shipped to five Middle Eastern markets for the first time
- 2018-11-27 Sharp drop of Moldovan apple, plum and table grape exports to Russia
- 2018-11-23 Del Monte presents on-the-go fruit snacking ranges
- 2018-11-22 “There is an increase in demand for Mexican berries”
- 2018-11-21 “The West consumes fruit, in the East fruit can also be a gift or an offering”