- Crop Advisor
- Laboratory Project Manager - Almeria, Spain
- Junior buyer/ seller - Alicante, Spain
- Office and Sales Administrator - Alkmaar - Schagen, Nederland
- Greenhouse Plug Propagator - Dunnville (Ontario) Canada
- Head Grower new Tomato farm, Iowa USA
- Sales Manager
- Senior Grower Tomato, NSW Australia
- Grower Managers (5ha or 10ha) - Australia
- Rose Grower
Top 5 -yesterday
- Ultra-thin layer of seal packaging increases citrus shelf-life up to 40%
- Demonstrations of a magnitude not seen in 30 years
- Exporter looking for small, sweet citrus fruit droppings for medical processing
- Costa Rica: Banana production experiences two key threats
- Australian summerfruit exports look positive following a record breaking 2018/19 season
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Japan prepares to enjoy an apple a day with new JAZZ™ Apple Anniversary
The date was chosen as it marks the date when the first container-load of New Zealand-grown JAZZ™ apples arrived in the country seven years ago.
Since that time, the popularity of JAZZ™ apples has grown significantly to the point it is now the number one premium imported apple in Japan.
The lead-up to the special anniversary day will include a celebration at the New Zealand Embassy in Tokyo on 30 May hosted by New Zealand Trade and Enterprise and T&G’s country manager for Japan, Mr. Tatsuya Kakemoto.
“Japanese apple lovers have really embraced JAZZ™ apples and we’re looking forward to sharing this special fruit with fans and introducing it to new consumers by the marking of this special anniversary day.”
The chairman of the Japan Anniversary Association, Mr. Kiyoshi Kase, will also be present at the celebration, at the New Zealand Embassy, to officially endorse 28 June as JAZZ™ Apple Anniversary Day.
On the anniversary day itself, and throughout July, JAZZ™ apple lovers can look forward to in-store promotions with retailers across the main cities of Japan including the chance to win prizes.
The JAZZ™ season in Japan runs from May until August during which time an estimated 50 JAZZ™ apples will be eaten every minute showing that people in Japan really do enjoy an apple a day.
For more information:
T&G Global Limited
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-29 Tray sealing shows its green credentials
- 2019-03-28 AU: Melbourne's private wholesale market tours helping to giving start-up knowledge to new produce businesses
- 2019-03-27 Flavorite’s leap into the blueberry market
- 2019-03-26 AU: The history behind the Lindenow's transition from frozen to fresh-packaged production
- 2019-03-25 "Our pre-season volume estimates have tripled, creating a bumper year for us"
- 2019-03-22 AU: CropTracer helping to provide traceability through the supply chain
- 2019-03-21 Repeat purchase acceleration for berries, table grapes and cherries
- 2019-03-20 AU: The transition to organics has been a learning curve for Frais Farms
- 2019-03-19 Australia: Kanzi production continues its significant growth
- 2019-03-18 NZ: Enzed Exotics says the Kiwano is looking better than ever in its 10th year
- 2019-03-15 Australian mango season finishing on a high
- 2019-03-14 AU: Smart technology investment pays off for Bulmer Farms
- 2019-03-13 Catalytic Generators launches the Easy-Ripe® XT
- 2019-03-12 New Zealand: Motueka exporter opens state-of-the-art apple packhouse
- 2019-03-11 “Our first import of New Zealand apples to the Chinese market”
- 2019-03-08 NZ: Mr Apple's new varieties pass consumer tests as production prepares to ramp up
- 2019-03-07 "We've invested three years and a lot of money into building this vision grading system"
- 2019-03-06 Positive trends for apple and pear sales in Australia
- 2019-03-05 New Zealand’s growers partner up to grow premium Squash variety
- 2019-03-04 AU: New South Wales blueberry grower enjoys return to near perfect summer growing conditions