- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Australia’s Northern Territory almost cleared of banana freckle
Banana freckle was first detected in the Territory in 2013 and a $26 million response plan to eradicate the disease was agreed to in October 2014. The eradication program is currently in its final phase: assessment of proof of freedom.
Department of Primary Industry and Resources Chief Plant Health Officer Sarah Corcoran said the Territory is on track to prove banana freckle has finally been eradicated.
“To be sure that banana freckle has been completely eradicated, during this final phase of the eradication program inspections needed to be undertaken on more than 300 properties that were previously infected or that were in close proximity to infected areas. Those properties are currently being re-visited."
Katherinetimes.com further quoted her as saying: “Territorians should be extremely proud of what’s been achieved so far as part of one of the largest plant pest eradication programs ever attempted in Australia. However as the Northern Territory is still working towards being declared free of banana freckle, it is important to maintain good biosecurity practices and not to unnecessarily move or share banana plants.”
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 Plantains becoming more available in mainstream US supermarkets
- 2018-12-12 Cameroon banana exports reach 17,137 tons in November 2018
- 2018-12-12 China: How do banana production areas fare as a cold wave invades?
- 2018-12-11 Golden opportunity for banana growers
- 2018-12-11 Open letter from African banana producers to supermarkets
- 2018-12-10 Panama: Producers of Baru file a complaint against President Varela
- 2018-12-10 Spain: Asprocan denounces EU's lack of action against banana oversupply
- 2018-12-10 France: “The banana market is suffocating”
- 2018-12-10 Italy: Selling bananas at different degrees of ripeness
- 2018-12-07 Samoa back on track with banana export to New Zealand
- 2018-12-07 China: Will the banana price recover?
- 2018-12-07 South China banana plantations expecting low temperatures
- 2018-12-07 Philippine banana brand organizes anniversary promotions
- 2018-12-07 Port of Trieste may become gateway for Europe’s banana imports from India
- 2018-12-07 Peru: Banana exports up to October amount to more than $139 million dollars
- 2018-12-07 Ghana exporting plantain to Burkina Faso, Togo and Benin
- 2018-12-06 "The Paris basin is experiencing significant problems in terms of supply and quality"
- 2018-12-05 Supermarkets welcome the "new Caribbean banana"
- 2018-12-04 Exhibition "Exotic Taste of Europe": Looking at the European banana
- 2018-12-04 Bolivia opens new banana packing center