- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Austrian company Esarom is already convinced
2018 - year of the mango?
“Working on flavour pairing we spotted surprising combinations,” notes Isolde Tomann, head of flavour creation at Esarom.
Global product launches show that mango flavour is also very popular in industrially produced foodstuffs and beverages. This is because consumers know and love mango. And the image of mango is a very positive one. In India, people speak of the two seasons, monsoon and mango. “One refreshes the earth, the other the soul.”
A foodingredientsfirst.com article tells us how in some countries, mangos grow freely in gardens, while in other regions it is seen as a tropical fruit. And the Alphonso is of course the queen of mangos.
But what about Nam Dok Mai, Haden, Keitt, Kent, Osteen, Okrung or Tommy Atkins? There are around 1,000 mango varieties known –diverse in appearance and taste profile. The analysis of the taste profile of Alphonso identified 152 different flavours, there is a lot of unexplored potential of this fruit.
That is why Esarom believes this year could be the year of the mango.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-13 High demand for cut goods and exotics during the Advent season
- 2018-12-13 Bangladesh ambassador: 'We should export more products to China'
- 2018-12-13 China: Taizhou winter bamboo enters market early
- 2018-12-13 Turkey: New Initiative to Export Avocados
- 2018-12-13 Australian ginger industry gains a fresh perspective
- 2018-12-13 Lychees: high quality, low quantity
- 2018-12-12 China: “White yams in short supply for many years”
- 2018-12-12 Pressure on the price of high caliber avocados
- 2018-12-11 Special time of year for jicama production
- 2018-12-11 Hamburg importer starts pomegranate season with stronger brand presence
- 2018-12-11 Honduras will export rambutan to Bolivia and Spain
- 2018-12-11 Peru: ProHass will promote avocados in China next year
- 2018-12-10 California's challenging persimmon season draws to a close
- 2018-12-10 World Avocado Organisation sets the record straight: UK sales not declining
- 2018-12-10 "We believe in the potential of avocados in Europe"
- 2018-12-07 Persimmon market continues to grow
- 2018-12-07 Greek kiwi grower lands huge investment from EU
- 2018-12-06 Peru: “We must have greater control of avocado volumes going to certain markets"
- 2018-12-06 Chile: Nearly 30% of all avocado production is destined for domestic market
- 2018-12-06 Large supply & dip in exports pull down Indian garlic prices to record low