- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Tim Elcombe, New Chairman for British Onions
Tim started at Bedfordshire Growers in 2002 where he has held various roles in the technical and commercial departments. He currently heads up the onion operation and overseas all commercial and operational activities.
He thanked the outgoing Chairman, Andrew Holding of Produce World, for his contribution to the Association over the last two years, which included organising two successful Onion & Carrot Conferences.
In his closing Chairman’s Report Andrew Holding reported that the Association continues to be held in high regard by many around the world. He said: “Our members continue to play a significant role in the wider European industry as confirmed at the European Onion Association (Euronion) meeting held in Germany, and at the international Onion & Carrot Conference held in Nottingham in November 2017.
“The last year has continued to be one of change for our industry, as retailers fight for market share, with fresh produce used as a loss leader in many cases. The discounters continue to grow year-on-year and other retailers continue to reassess their supply models in order to compete in this ever-changing market.”
New activities for the Association in 2018 will be a Study Tour to Denmark in June; an extended Onion Variety Day in November; and a literature search on the health benefits of onions to be used in a potential new PR campaign.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-13 Automation of sorting and packing onions continues
- 2018-12-13 Farm Credit Canada could ease loan payments for potato farmers
- 2018-12-13 Argentina: Onion campaign improves in the south of Buenos Aires
- 2018-12-13 Price increases for potatoes and onions
- 2018-12-13 US Onion Market and Crop update for December 13, 2018
- 2018-12-13 Smart Yields brings compelling tech to ag and onions
- 2018-12-13 France: “The fresh markets are slowly coming alive”
- 2018-12-13 Algeria: Seed potato imports to increase over the next 3 years
- 2018-12-12 The humble onion can determine India’s upcoming elections
- 2018-12-12 China: “Fall in Gansu onion production”
- 2018-12-12 Argentina: First PVY resistant potato will go on sale next year
- 2018-12-12 China will try to grow potatoes on far side of the Moon
- 2018-12-12 Results somewhat down for major UK potato supplier
- 2018-12-12 UK: Potato production hits lowest level since 2012
- 2018-12-11 "Strong European demand for onions encourages Chinese export"
- 2018-12-11 "This is a year with great opportunities for Spanish onions"
- 2018-12-11 Russian producers concerned about low potato prices
- 2018-12-11 Dry summer leads to acute problems in potato warehouses
- 2018-12-11 China's first regional income insurance claims completed
- 2018-12-11 The Irish chip-shop could fall victim to Brexit