- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Guyana: NAREI preparing to boost potato cultivation
NAREI has stated that this is in light of several successful trials undertaken by the institution over the past year. To this end, NAREI is in the process of procuring a state of the art potato seed storage equipment.
According to the Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Oudho Homenauth, adding such equipment to the list of services already being offered by the institution is necessary. “Already $5M has been allocated under our capital works programme for the procurement of the equipment, which will be procured shortly.”
Stabroeknews.com tells us how -during the trial phase undertaken by the Research Institute- several successful cultivations were undertaken in conjunction with farmers in several different regions, such as Mahaicony, Little Biaboo, Laluni and Kairuni. Notable challenges were poor germination and the development of fungus as a result of improper storage of seed materials.
“What we have noticed is that for the potato seedlings to be viable it has to be stored at a temperature between 7-8˚С. Another problem is time and density for the planting of the potato seedling due to our changing weather patterns,” NAREI’s CEO said.
In light of Guyana’s quest to expand its commercial agriculture, Agriculture Minister Noel Holder has called on investors to take advantage of the opportunities. He added that with the prospect of potatoes being grown on a large-scale basis, there will be plenty of opportunities to engage, network and grow.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 India: TechnicoAgri Sciences signs deal with Hutton Institute
- 2018-12-14 Italy: Onion packaging with info for the consumers
- 2018-12-14 Growers enthusiastic about high-yield primed onion seeds from Hazera
- 2018-12-14 Spain: Potato production down by 15-20%
- 2018-12-13 France: “The fresh markets are slowly coming alive”
- 2018-12-13 Algeria: Seed potato imports to increase over the next 3 years
- 2018-12-13 US Onion Market and Crop update for December 13, 2018
- 2018-12-13 Smart Yields brings compelling tech to ag and onions
- 2018-12-13 Farm Credit Canada could ease loan payments for potato farmers
- 2018-12-13 Argentina: Onion campaign improves in the south of Buenos Aires
- 2018-12-13 Price increases for potatoes and onions
- 2018-12-13 Automation of sorting and packing onions continues
- 2018-12-12 The humble onion can determine India’s upcoming elections
- 2018-12-12 China: “Fall in Gansu onion production”
- 2018-12-12 Argentina: First PVY resistant potato will go on sale next year
- 2018-12-12 China will try to grow potatoes on far side of the Moon
- 2018-12-12 Results somewhat down for major UK potato supplier
- 2018-12-12 UK: Potato production hits lowest level since 2012
- 2018-12-11 "Strong European demand for onions encourages Chinese export"
- 2018-12-11 "This is a year with great opportunities for Spanish onions"