- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Peru: 2017 avocado exports totalled $580 million
The main destinations for this fruit were the Netherlands, the United States, Spain, England, China, and Chile; together, they received 95% of the country's total exported value. Additionally, national production of avocados exceeded 470,000 tons in 2017, a 3.4% increase compared to 2016.
According to an article by andina.com, the Ministry highlighted the good dynamism witnessed in the production of the southern (+15%) and northern (+12%) zones.
The regions which managed to increase their output levels the most in 2017 -despite Coastal El Niño phenomenon impacts- were Ayacucho (+49%), Arequipa (+26%), Lambayeque (+20%), La Libertad (+11%), and Junin (+7%).
It must be noted avocado is currently the third most important agro export product of Peru, behind coffee and grapes. The country was regarded as the world's second-largest avocado exporter, in volume, only surpassed by Mexico.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-10 California's challenging persimmon season draws to a close
- 2018-12-10 World Avocado Organisation sets the record straight: UK sales not declining
- 2018-12-10 "We believe in the potential of avocados in Europe"
- 2018-12-07 Persimmon market continues to grow
- 2018-12-07 Greek kiwi grower lands huge investment from EU
- 2018-12-06 Peru: “We must have greater control of avocado volumes going to certain markets"
- 2018-12-06 Chile: Nearly 30% of all avocado production is destined for domestic market
- 2018-12-06 Large supply & dip in exports pull down Indian garlic prices to record low
- 2018-12-06 UK: Short supply creates "incredible" demand for sweet potatoes
- 2018-12-05 Honduras: Memorandum to improve the rambutan chain signed
- 2018-12-05 The Italian 'Sweeki' kiwi season launch in Malaysia
- 2018-12-05 Australia’s own garlic from Kangaroo Island
- 2018-12-05 The Dorì kiwi is very successful in Hong Kong supermarkets
- 2018-12-04 Azerbaijan expects to increase pomegranate production
- 2018-12-04 China: Jiaxing places 550 million yuan order for Shaanxi Zhouzhi kiwi fruit
- 2018-12-04 Honduran fruit - access to 12 new markets
- 2018-12-04 Rwandan farmers alarmed by disease ravaging mango crops
- 2018-12-04 Spain: Producers in Castellon uprooting their kaki fields
- 2018-12-04 New fresh Bahri date season set to increase output
- 2018-12-03 China: New durian varieties enter market