- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Vietnam, Ben Tre province: Pomelo earns geographical indication
Lam Van Tan, Director of the provincial Department of Science and Technology, stated that the GI is applied to pomelo grown in islets in the districts of Chau Thanh, Binh Dai, Mo Cay Bac, Mo Cay Nam, Cho Lach and Ben Tre city.
The pomelo, which earned the name as its skin remains green even when it is ripe, is much sought after on the market due to its great taste. The fruit has a thin skin, few seeds and a pinkish flesh.
An article by https://en.vietnamplus.vn/ben-tres-pomelo-earns-geographical-indication/127387.vnp has the provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Development giving Ben Tre cultivation numbers of some 6,500 hectares of green skin pomelo, producing almost 100,000 tonnes a year. This geographical indication is expected to help Ben Tre expand the market for the pomelo and raise income for local farmers.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Spain: Disastrous citrus campaign in Murcia
- 2018-12-14 Turkey: Bumper citrus harvest in Cukurova
- 2018-12-14 Peru: "We only offer organic limes"
- 2018-12-14 New UF/IFAS citrus trial data available soon
- 2018-12-14 Egypt: Orange exports continuing to expand
- 2018-12-13 China: Will Shatang oranges avoid the unmarketable condition of Nanfeng tangerines?
- 2018-12-13 "Jaffa Orri is the best mandarin in the world"
- 2018-12-13 Finger lime: Looks and pops like caviar, tastes like lime
- 2018-12-13 China: Booming citrus industry lifts Guangxi villagers out of poverty
- 2018-12-13 “Rational regulation of shipments help Egypt's oranges in China's market”
- 2018-12-13 South Africa asks EU to relax controls on its citrus exports
- 2018-12-13 Spain: Government to support processing of citrus into juice to tackle price crisis
- 2018-12-12 Cambodia: Koh Trong cultivation of pomelos expanding
- 2018-12-12 Sicilian approach: Sustainability, authenticity and short supply chain
- 2018-12-12 Florida citrus crop shows untypical stability
- 2018-12-11 Micro-climate in Northern California makes for unique mandarin-growing area
- 2018-12-11 Spain: Citrus exports to non-EU countries down by 14%
- 2018-12-11 Spain: Union of Unions convenes meeting to address citrus crisis situation
- 2018-12-11 Grenada’s agriculture sector to tackle Citrus Greening
- 2018-12-11 Morocco expects record citrus yields in 2018-2019