- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Taiwan’s Agriculture Minister promotes agricultural goods in Malaysia
During the first leg of the two-day trip, Lin and his delegation have paid several visits to local supermarkets such as Aeon at Mid Valley Megamall to find out the sales situation of Taiwan’s agricultural products.
Lin said the total value of trade between Taiwan and Malaysia in agricultural products in 2017 has reached US$205 million, a 5.44 percent increase from 2016, adding that Taiwan's exports to Malaysia also sees an 8.87% jump compared to the previous year and the export products mainly were processed grain foods, pastry, fish, shellfish.
Lin noted that Malaysia is an indispensable trading partner to Taiwan. In order to promote the New Southbound Policy, launched by the government of Taiwan in 2016 that focuses on strengthening ties with neighbors in South and Southeast Asia, the Council has assisted to set up the Taiwan's Mitagri Co. later in the year.
Besides the existing exports goods, as the end of January, the Taiwan's Mitagri Co. has exported 22 metric tons of the atemoya to Malaysia, according to the data compiled by the Council.
The exports of the atemoya (so called pineapple sugar apple) to Malaysia in 2018 is expected to reach 40 metric tons, adjusting the current trading situation that is overly concentrated in Chinese market.
Meanwhile, an agricultural research and extension in Taitung, eastern Taiwan, supervised by the Council has developed new shipping methods especially in food preservation and storage to ensure the quality of exported products.
Minister Lin addressed the issue of expanding its market share in the Halal market which has become a vital issue as the Muslim population now stands over 1.62 billion worldwide.
The Council said it is planning to organize delegations to participate in several halal events such as the 2018 Malaysia International Halal Showcase, which will run between Apr. 4 and Apr. 7 as well as the 2019 Fi Asia held in Thailand from Sept. 11 to Sept. 13, hoping to help seize more business opportunities in the halal market.
For more information:
Council of Agriculture
Department of International Affairs
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 New York Produce Show attracts good crowd
- 2018-12-14 AU: Queensland and Western Australian state governments to help expand horticulture opportunities
- 2018-12-14 "The euphoria over snack vegetables has given way to reality"
- 2018-12-14 "Strikes in France are harming customers all over Europe, not just those in their own country"
- 2018-12-14 Morrisons launches 1 kilogram fruit and veg box for £1
- 2018-12-14 Agri food trade between the Netherlands and Saudi Arabia in 2017
- 2018-12-13 Pakistan fourth largest producer of chickpeas in world: FAO report
- 2018-12-13 Patients now leave Rex Hospital with bags of groceries
- 2018-12-13 New Zealand food prices ease in November
- 2018-12-13 Only Spain and Greece still active in the cucumber market
- 2018-12-12 "We want to offer Palatinate specialties in a high quality segment"
- 2018-12-12 Moldova expands exports to Russia
- 2018-12-11 West Bengal government to boost potato exports with transport subsidy
- 2018-12-11 Westminster urged to promote fruit and vegetable sector
- 2018-12-11 Growth of Vietnamese fruit and veg export slowing down
- 2018-12-10 Mauritius: 25% average drop in prices for imported fruits
- 2018-12-10 Ghana: Stray animals pose threat to vegetable production
- 2018-12-10 New holiday crop lights up the season
- 2018-12-10 Zimbabwe's farmers put their hope in irrigation scheme
- 2018-12-07 Keeping your fruit and veg fresh longer than ever imagined