- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Digital platform shows seafreight service offerings
The platform is an extension of Kuehne + Nagel’s quote, book and track capabilities. It is based on business intelligence derived from different operational data: algorithms built from robust industry expertise are paired with big data and predictive analytics provided by Kuehne + Nagel’s data company LogIndex.
Within Sea Explorer, services are ranked by smart indicators, based on big data technology, including a dynamic reliability indicator (DRI), emission score, nominal carrying capacity insights and realistic transit times for every service.
Today about 75% of the vessels arrive on-time and volatile reliability in lead times is one of the biggest challenges customers face in managing their inventory levels adequately. Through Sea Explorer customers now have the possibility to access comparative insights on service specific elements.
Kuehne + Nagel is committed to the protection of the environment and the preservation of oceans and biodiversity. Therefore the carbon emission rating actively supports customers to reduce the carbon footprint within the supply chain.
Otto Schacht, Member of the Managing Board of Kuehne + Nagel International AG, responsible for Seafreight: “High levels of data transparency are of utmost importance in logistics. Through Sea Explorer our customers will be able to access the world largest portfolio of seafreight service offerings. Thus they can base their respective decisions not just on transit times parameters but also on sophisticated comparative data such as service reliability and emission rating. We strive to provide the maximum visibility, flexibility and information to our customers throughout the world. Sea Explorer is another important step in our digitalisation approach.”
Sea Explorer is an agile project with further enhancements to come based on close collaboration with customers.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-10 Zhengzhou adds Vietnam as new freight train destination
- 2018-12-07 Emirates SkyCargo: Fifth anniversary of Ecuador freight operations
- 2018-12-07 DP World Posorja has financing of $377 million
- 2018-12-06 CMA CGM and Freightos sign landmark agreement advancing digitization in the shipping industry
- 2018-12-05 Maersk: India registers 10% growth containerised trade in Q3 2018
- 2018-12-05 Thai shippers lukewarm on 2019
- 2018-12-05 Chile: Cool Carriers began shipping fresh fruit to the US
- 2018-12-05 Chile and China renew requirements for transport of fresh fruit in cold storage
- 2018-12-05 Spanish citrus severely affected by road blockades on French border
- 2018-12-04 Production expansion in West Africa a growth market for transporters
- 2018-12-04 Give your truck wings and improve the aerodynamics
- 2018-12-04 Ecuador’s longest bridge to benefit the Port of Guayaquil
- 2018-11-30 Maersk in talks with Chinese shipyard for ten box ships
- 2018-11-30 New Zealand: Napier Port eyes more apple and kiwifruit exports
- 2018-11-30 Peru: Hamburg Süd resumes its weekly direct service between Paita and Philadelphia
- 2018-11-29 Opportunities for Hamburg through "New Silk Road" from Asia to Europe
- 2018-11-29 Mangaluru Airport, India: Vegetable flights to Gulf hit cargo record
- 2018-11-29 Colombia: The port of Santa Marta will connect with northern Europe
- 2018-11-29 Six UK companies form major logistics company ‘EV Cargo’
- 2018-11-29 "South American citrus exporters choosing Spanish ports once again"