- Orchard Programmes Regional Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Packaging Supervisor - Mumbai, India
- Farm Manager - Czech Republic
- Citrus Agronomist - Can Tho, Vietnam
- Fresh Produce Trader - Den Haag, Netherlands
- Sales manager Europe
- Sales Representative - Northern Lower Michigan, USA
- Sales Representative - Florida, USA
- Business Development Manager Grapes, Citrus and Mangoes - Maasdijk, The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower’s Assistant - Hawaii, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Digital platform shows seafreight service offerings
The platform is an extension of Kuehne + Nagel’s quote, book and track capabilities. It is based on business intelligence derived from different operational data: algorithms built from robust industry expertise are paired with big data and predictive analytics provided by Kuehne + Nagel’s data company LogIndex.
Within Sea Explorer, services are ranked by smart indicators, based on big data technology, including a dynamic reliability indicator (DRI), emission score, nominal carrying capacity insights and realistic transit times for every service.
Today about 75% of the vessels arrive on-time and volatile reliability in lead times is one of the biggest challenges customers face in managing their inventory levels adequately. Through Sea Explorer customers now have the possibility to access comparative insights on service specific elements.
Kuehne + Nagel is committed to the protection of the environment and the preservation of oceans and biodiversity. Therefore the carbon emission rating actively supports customers to reduce the carbon footprint within the supply chain.
Otto Schacht, Member of the Managing Board of Kuehne + Nagel International AG, responsible for Seafreight: “High levels of data transparency are of utmost importance in logistics. Through Sea Explorer our customers will be able to access the world largest portfolio of seafreight service offerings. Thus they can base their respective decisions not just on transit times parameters but also on sophisticated comparative data such as service reliability and emission rating. We strive to provide the maximum visibility, flexibility and information to our customers throughout the world. Sea Explorer is another important step in our digitalisation approach.”
Sea Explorer is an agile project with further enhancements to come based on close collaboration with customers.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-02-22 Australian fresh produce industry gearing up for export security changes
- 2019-02-22 Pamyra signs up for logistics partnership with Fresh Logistics System
- 2019-02-22 APM Terminals Barcelona increases reefer capacity and reduces CO2 emissions
- 2019-02-21 Sustainability requirements will accelerate switch to reefer containers
- 2019-02-21 “Container lines need to pass on IMO 2020 costs”
- 2019-02-21 Maersk enhances Asia-Europe Network to further improve schedule reliability
- 2019-02-21 APM Terminals helps streamline global fruit company’s logistics
- 2019-02-21 Girteka Logistics continues its expansion abroad with new transport base in Poland
- 2019-02-20 "Phoenix needs more storage and distribution facilities"
- 2019-02-20 Peru: More than 40,000 transporters begin a national strike
- 2019-02-19 APM Terminals Ecuador improving efficiency & reducing complexity
- 2019-02-19 Port of Hamburg sets record for seaport-hinterland rail traffic
- 2019-02-18 "The market is focused, so we have to specialize further"
- 2019-02-18 Australia's biggest cargo ship - Tasmanian Achiever II
- 2019-02-18 Morocco & Spain to build railway line
- 2019-02-15 "The material for our products undergoes an upcycling process"
- 2019-02-15 Netherlands: Container growth pushes throughput at port of Rotterdam to new highs
- 2019-02-14 Brexit No-deal plan for continued Channel Tunnel operations
- 2019-02-14 India: All eyes on Srinagar-Jammu highway as empty markets await supplies
- 2019-02-13 Port of Melbourne to upgrade infrastructure