- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Red kiwi variety release decision postponed to 2019
Any commercialisation decision on a new variety usually takes place after a minimum of three years in pre-commercial trials and any fast track commercialisation decision in 2018 would be made on limited information. At the Zespri Board meeting on 23 February 2018, it was decided not to proceed with a commercialisation decision of the red variety in 2018 but to continue collecting data for a 2019 commercialisation decision.
Despite all of the efforts to learn as fast as Zespri can about the red variety, it was agreed that Zespri needs to take more time to fully understand the scope and scale of the risks.
There is strong market demand for a red variety in the Zespri portfolio. The potential value in the red category means that Zespri is willing to accept more risk in order to get to market quickly, but in accepting this risk Zespri feel they still need to be sure that we are prudent with any commercialisation decision.
Zespri have stated that the decision to not commercialise a red in 2018 does not impact on their commitment to increase research and development investments this year to fast track their learnings on reds, with the view to a commercialisation decision in 2019 if possible.
For more information
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-10 California's challenging persimmon season draws to a close
- 2018-12-10 World Avocado Organisation sets the record straight: UK sales not declining
- 2018-12-10 "We believe in the potential of avocados in Europe"
- 2018-12-07 Persimmon market continues to grow
- 2018-12-07 Greek kiwi grower lands huge investment from EU
- 2018-12-06 Peru: “We must have greater control of avocado volumes going to certain markets"
- 2018-12-06 Chile: Nearly 30% of all avocado production is destined for domestic market
- 2018-12-06 Large supply & dip in exports pull down Indian garlic prices to record low
- 2018-12-06 UK: Short supply creates "incredible" demand for sweet potatoes
- 2018-12-05 Honduras: Memorandum to improve the rambutan chain signed
- 2018-12-05 The Italian 'Sweeki' kiwi season launch in Malaysia
- 2018-12-05 Australia’s own garlic from Kangaroo Island
- 2018-12-05 The Dorì kiwi is very successful in Hong Kong supermarkets
- 2018-12-04 Azerbaijan expects to increase pomegranate production
- 2018-12-04 China: Jiaxing places 550 million yuan order for Shaanxi Zhouzhi kiwi fruit
- 2018-12-04 Honduran fruit - access to 12 new markets
- 2018-12-04 Rwandan farmers alarmed by disease ravaging mango crops
- 2018-12-04 Spain: Producers in Castellon uprooting their kaki fields
- 2018-12-04 New fresh Bahri date season set to increase output
- 2018-12-03 China: New durian varieties enter market