- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Puerto Limon: Diversifying to survive in the face of competition
This is mainly in order to compensate for the losses it will face when the Terminal de Contenedores de Moín (TCM) – APM Terminals container port – comes into operation in February 2019.
Two weeks ago Japdeva premiered two gantry cranes specialized in container handling. The plan of the institution is for these equipment to be used in the loading and unloading of iron, vehicles, construction materials and others when the new Moin Mega Port of Moín begins operating in February 2019.
According to an article by qcostarica.com, Japdeva faces an unprecedented challenge. According to the operator, only in the first year of operation, the TCM, concessioned to the Dutch firm APM Terminals, will assume 700,000 of the 1.2 million containers that pass through the ports of Japdeva every year. As the years progress, the new terminal will increase the number of containers mobilized until it takes on the totality of this type of cargo.
Under this scenario, the Japdeva port will only handle conventional loads, that is, all those goods that do not travel in containers, such as iron, construction materials, gas and vehicles, among others. This type of product represents approximately five million tons per year.
Today, Japdeva mobilizes 12 million tons per year between containers and conventional cargo.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 China Easter Airlines in firm first position as global fresh produce carrier
- 2018-12-14 MSC and Traxens launch IOT pilot project to improve terminal efficiency
- 2018-12-14 French fresh produce storage company opens US headquarters
- 2018-12-14 Traffic bans on Christmas Days
- 2018-12-13 Italy: Ocean Alliance & The Alliance launch new service at La Spezia port
- 2018-12-13 Merger of Maersk Brokers and Wonsild Dry
- 2018-12-13 MSC launches Almería-Valencia container line
- 2018-12-13 Etihad Cargo expands air freight capacity for new Barcelona route
- 2018-12-13 Spain: Regular maritime container service to link Almeria and Valencia
- 2018-12-13 Solution to temperature claims in fruit transport
- 2018-12-12 Moody’s downgrades Maersk’s ratings
- 2018-12-12 Evaluation of air cargo and logistics with focus on export to Gulf States
- 2018-12-11 Cool Port wrests itself from start-up problems
- 2018-12-11 CMA CGM to help develop Port of Odessa
- 2018-12-11 "Strikes in Valparaíso affect Chile's foreign trade image"
- 2018-12-10 Zhengzhou adds Vietnam as new freight train destination
- 2018-12-07 Emirates SkyCargo: Fifth anniversary of Ecuador freight operations
- 2018-12-07 DP World Posorja has financing of $377 million
- 2018-12-06 CMA CGM and Freightos sign landmark agreement advancing digitization in the shipping industry
- 2018-12-05 Maersk: India registers 10% growth containerised trade in Q3 2018