- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Germany: 733,900 tonnes of wild carrots and carrots were harvested in 2017
After wild carrots and carrots, onions with 541,400 tons and white cabbage with 478,700 tons showed next highest yields. In total, around 3,770,300 tons of vegetables were harvested from outdoors in 2017 (+ 7% compared to 2016).
The largest acreage in 2017 was once again used for asparagus with 28,400 hectares, which represents an increase of almost 5% compared to the previous year. This was followed by wild carrots and carrots with 12,500 hectares and onions with 11,800 hectares. The total outdoor vegetable crop area increased by 7% to 128,900 hectares compared to 2016.
The greenhouse acreage and that for cultivation under high protective covers increased by 4% in 2017 compared to the previous year. On the approximately 1,300 hectares, 182,100 tons of vegetables were harvested. The largest crops of this type were 370 hectares of tomatoes, 220 hectares of cucumbers and 210 hectares of corn salad.
The yield of outdoor vegetables from farms that manage their land fully organically increased by 12% compared with 2016 to 319,100 tonnes. This was an 8% share of the total of vegetables harvested in the field. The acreage increased by 11% over the same period, to 13,700 hectares, accounting for 11% of the total acreage of outdoor vegetables.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Italy: Dehydrated garlic, gentler smell but stronger taste
- 2018-12-14 Marcel van der Pluijm starts Feeling Fresh
- 2018-12-14 Paraguay: A new variety of cabbage offers advantages to producers
- 2018-12-14 Italy: Unusual November heatwave compromised mushroom production
- 2018-12-14 Squash fruits in South Africa: First report of soft rot
- 2018-12-14 Pink garlic from Billom on the Unesco Intangible Heritage List
- 2018-12-14 China: Demand for organic sweet potato exceeds supply
- 2018-12-13 "Stable export of freshly frozen peppers to Korea"
- 2018-12-13 China garlic market analysis: Reduced surface area gives hope for price rise in 2019
- 2018-12-13 Spain: Vega Baja artichoke campaign starts with some delay
- 2018-12-13 US Retail managers: Lettuce is back, but at higher prices
- 2018-12-13 Comparison between open field and greenhouse tomatoes
- 2018-12-13 UK carrot trade better than expected
- 2018-12-13 Philippines: Iloilo City wants to replicate Chinese mushroom technology
- 2018-12-13 China: "Yunnan Vegetables" sell in more than 40 countries
- 2018-12-13 China: Bok choy price recovers as weather turns colder
- 2018-12-13 New US mushroom meat alternative: 'Pulled port'
- 2018-12-13 Delicata market developing in North America
- 2018-12-12 "Shimeji has great potential, but substrate production is very sensitive"
- 2018-12-12 Biostimulants improve the nutritional value of iceberg lettuce