- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Cultivated blueberries 2017:
Two thirds of the German berry harvest coming from Lower Saxony
More than 80% of this area was used for the production of blueberries. In total, 9,577 tons of these healthy blue fruits were harvested in Lower Saxony last year, almost 30% more than in 2016. Accordingly, more than two thirds of the blueberries harvested in Germany came from Lower Saxony.
About 45% of Lower Saxony's blueberry cultivation is concentrated in the Lüneburg statistical region. Especially in the Heidekreis, 23 farms successfully cultivate this shrub berry variety on a total of 383 hectares. Other centers of the Lower Saxony blueberry cultivation are the counties Diepholz (10 farms, 382 ha) and Nienburg (19 farms, 266 ha).
In addition to cultivated blueberries, other shrub berry species such as red, white and blackcurrants, blackberries, gooseberries or aronia berries are cultivated in Lower Saxony.
With a total of just over 152 ha (108 ha in the open air, 45 ha under high protective covers) raspberries are the second most common shrub berry species in Lower Saxony. The centers of Lower Saxony open field raspberry cultivation are the rural districts of Stade with an area of 29.7 ha, Osnabrück with 22.8 ha and Vechta with 15.1 ha.
Source: Statistik Niedersachsen
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 China: Price "explosion" for cherries
- 2018-12-13 "We are very much focused on the online trade in convenience products"
- 2018-12-12 Rwanda: NAEB starts fruit project to shore up exports
- 2018-12-12 Italy: Cocktail Plum, a very successful tomato
- 2018-12-12 Congo: Kiwi for 14 euros/kg
- 2018-12-11 Poland: Official study on changes taking place in apple growing sector
- 2018-12-11 High demand for European apples in China
- 2018-12-11 South African fruit industry expansion shows faith in the future
- 2018-12-07 Italy: Successful partnership between Apofruit Italia and Società Frutticoltori Trento
- 2018-12-06 "Limited impact of hail on Chilean berry season"
- 2018-12-04 “We invested in new varieties and IQ optical sourcing lines”
- 2018-12-03 Chile: “We expect good volumes for Chilean cherry export”
- 2018-12-03 South Africa: Electricity cuts a great irritation to fruit industry
- 2018-11-29 What kinds of fruit do Taiwanese customers like to eat?
- 2018-11-29 Argentina: Blueberry export volumes are behind compared to last year
- 2018-11-28 Mexico: “We hope to start our strawberry export to Europe this season”
- 2018-11-27 Tunisian fruit exports to Libya soaring
- 2018-11-27 Ukrainian apples shipped to five Middle Eastern markets for the first time
- 2018-11-27 Sharp drop of Moldovan apple, plum and table grape exports to Russia
- 2018-11-23 Del Monte presents on-the-go fruit snacking ranges