- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Polish growers hold on to parsley root in hopes of higher prices
"The weather switched back and forth from dry to wet during the growing period, which has had an effect on the quality of the vegetables now available. Although there is good demand, the market for parsley root is slow after a lack of good quality has caused prices to rise more and more every day. The problem has been made worse because growers with good quality parsley root are waiting to sell because they are hoping to get higher prices over the next couple of weeks," shared Tomasz Włodarczyk from Badyl Partner.
The parsley root supplied by Badyl Partner is only for the domestic market, although Tomasz said that they have received some requests for it from countries like the Czech Republic, where there also seems to be a shortage due to the weather.
"Our biggest export product is cabbage, followed by small quantities of carrots and onions. We send our vegetables to other countries in our region, like Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Romania etc, so the lower prices for cabbage have actually been beneficial for us selling to other markets. Last year, prices were low due to oversupply, which meant that we had a lot of exports, but sales on the domestic market was very low. This season we are seeing a much more balanced market now between domestic sales and exports, which is much better for business," concludes Tomasz.
For more information:
Tel. +48 795424199
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-13 Delicata market developing in North America
- 2018-12-13 Philippines: Iloilo City wants to replicate Chinese mushroom technology
- 2018-12-13 China: "Yunnan Vegetables" sell in more than 40 countries
- 2018-12-13 China: Bok choy price recovers as weather turns colder
- 2018-12-13 New US mushroom meat alternative: 'Pulled port'
- 2018-12-13 "Stable export of freshly frozen peppers to Korea"
- 2018-12-13 China garlic market analysis: Reduced surface area gives hope for price rise in 2019
- 2018-12-13 Spain: Vega Baja artichoke campaign starts with some delay
- 2018-12-13 US Retail managers: Lettuce is back, but at higher prices
- 2018-12-13 Comparison between open field and greenhouse tomatoes
- 2018-12-13 UK carrot trade better than expected
- 2018-12-12 "Shimeji has great potential, but substrate production is very sensitive"
- 2018-12-12 Biostimulants improve the nutritional value of iceberg lettuce
- 2018-12-12 JD.com starts producing vegetables
- 2018-12-12 Spanish garlic sales are stagnating
- 2018-12-12 Zings Finger Limes launch in Australia
- 2018-12-12 Cauliflower mix and Tapas tomato mix anticipate new food trends
- 2018-12-12 Suspected illegal garlic imports under investigation in South Africa
- 2018-12-12 China: Vegetable supply conditions this winter better than last year
- 2018-12-11 Winter vegetable prices soar in Ukraine