- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Groupe Casino is expanding delivery options
World premiere: First plastic-free supermarket aisle unveiled
In December 2017, the volume of sales in retail shops increased by 5.0% according to raw data, and by 6.1% adjusted for calendar effects, reveals a second estimate of retail data from the Central Statistical Office (KSH). In 2017 as a whole, the volume of sales - also according to calendar-adjusted data - was 4.9% higher than in 2016. The volume of sales in December, adjusted for calendar effects, rose by 2.2% in specialized and non-specialized food shops, by 10.9% in non-food retail shops, and by 4.1% in automotive fuel retail. Food, drink and tobacco stores accounted for 46% of all retail sales, while the relevant figures for non-food retail shops and the network of petrol stations were 42% and 12%, respectively.
South Africa's Shoprite Holdings to expand into Kenya, says CEO
South African Shoprite Holdings will expand into Kenya, its chief executive Pieter Engelbrecht said, as Africa’s biggest grocer looks to take advantage of the growing east African economy. “We have not changed our focus to say we’re not looking at the continent anymore. We have grabbed that opportunity, we’re going to Kenya,” Engelbrecht said in a results presentation.
Holland: World's first plastic-free supermarket aisle unveiled
A "world first" plastic-free supermarket aisle is being unveiled in Amsterdam, prompting calls from campaigners for retailers to roll them out in the UK. More than 700 products will be available without plastic packaging in the aisle which is being set up in a new metro-sized pilot store of supermarket chain Ekoplaza in the Dutch city, including meat, rice, sauces, dairy, chocolate, cereals, fruit and vegetables.
UK: New app could let shoppers 'pay on the go'
Supermarket cashiers and self-scan checkouts could become redundant thanks to a new app that speeds up the weekly food shop. The app, called Supersmart, allows users to scan items as they shop using their smartphone and then wheel them to a special floor pad. Several cameras and a deep-learning algorithm combine to detect all the items, before the customer pays for them at an automated checkout.
France: Groupe Casino expands delivery options
France's Groupe Casino has announced that it is expanding delivery options for its Cdiscount, Franprix and Monoprix businesses, in partnership with La Poste. The retail group and the postal service company began working together in 2015, offering delivery from Franprix stores in Paris, but has now extended this to include Monoprix stores and e-commerce business Cdiscount in certain parts of the country. This year, the two groups will further expand their offering, with new delivery options and services in a number of cities.
China: Tencent & JD.com buy stake in retail chain
Chinese tech giants Tencent Holdings and JD.com have agreed to buy a combined 11% stake in a domestic supermarket and department chain store operator in their latest bid to expand into the physical retail market. Tencent, which operates China’s most popular social media platform WeChat, is buying a 6% stake in Shenzhen-listed Better Life Commercial Chain Share Co. for 887mln yuan ($140mln), Better Life said in a filing. Meanwhile, JD.com, China’s second-largest e-commerce company, will acquire a 5% stake in Better Life for 739mln yuan, according to the same filing.
Dutch-Belgian supermarket retailer Ahold confirms Q4 sales
Dutch-Belgian supermarket operator Ahold Delhaize, which has two-thirds of its business in the United States, reported net sales growth of 1.6% to 15.8bln euros ($19.3bln) for the fourth quarter and confirmed its financial targets for 2018. The result confirmed figures released in a trading update in January.
Amazon takes on delivery challenge for Australian merchants
Amazon.com Inc began selling its in-house delivery service to third-party vendors in Australia, taking on a major logistical challenge in the continent that invented the expression “the tyranny of distance”. Three months after opening in Australia, the world’s No. 1 online retailer said merchants could pay it to pack and ship their products through its new Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) program. Its fast-shipping paid subscription club for shoppers, Prime, would follow by the middle of the year.
US: Supermarkets make strong showing in Customer Satisfaction Index
According to the “American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) Retail Report 2017,” supermarkets proved to be one of the strongest retail industries last year, with 13 of 22 stores upping their 2016 scores. Publix Super Markets did best, rising to a score of 86 – the highest of any retailer studied. Trader Joe's came in second, at 85. Whole Foods Market remained steady at 81, its recent acquisition by Amazon not yet having an effect on its 2017 score, while for the 13th straight year, Walmart Inc. garnered the lowest score among supermarkets.
US: Shipt and Target to launch same-day delivery across Louisiana
Shipt, a leading online marketplace, and Target Corporation announced they will begin same-day delivery of more than 55,000 groceries, essentials, home, electronics, toys and other products in Louisiana. Beginning March 13, 2018, Shipt will deliver from Target stores in Baton Rouge, Lafayette, New Orleans, and Shreveport. Cumulatively, the new partnership gives nearly 800,000 households across the state of Louisiana access to Target products delivered by Shipt in as little as one hour.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Ocado: confident about prospects for 2019
- 2018-12-14 Costco: Q1 results reveal strong start to its new financial year
- 2018-12-13 Sainsbury's and Asda asked for a delay in the competition inquiry
- 2018-12-13 Walmart: Flippy the robot
- 2018-12-12 Walmart: 1st e-commerce store in Japan
- 2018-12-12 Hy-Vee: innovative new concept store
- 2018-12-11 Crai Secom and D.IT launch new retail distribution group
- 2018-12-11 Amazon targets airports for checkout-free store expansion
- 2018-12-10 Carrefour launches new store concept
- 2018-12-10 E-mart US buys supermarket operator in 1st acquisition of an overseas firm
- 2018-12-07 Carrefour ends Easy chain
- 2018-12-07 C&S Wholesale Grocers to acquire Olean Wholesale
- 2018-12-06 Carrefour: world’s first sail-thru supermarket in Dubai
- 2018-12-06 Dollar General: fresh produce planned in more stores in 2019
- 2018-12-05 Colruyt is testing in-store vertical farming cultivation
- 2018-12-05 Walmart and Brain: self-driving floor-cleaning robots in stores
- 2018-12-04 Target partners with Metro AG on startup accelerator programme
- 2018-12-04 Coborn's to buy Hornbacher's supermarkets from UNFI/Supervalu
- 2018-12-03 Tesco and VW: free electric car charging points planned
- 2018-12-03 Albertsons' Safeway repurchased notes to end default claim