- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- More sustainable packaging for Rockit mini-apple
- Chile: US retail begins to demand blockchain technology
- UK: Short supply creates "incredible" demand for sweet potatoes
- "The Paris basin is experiencing significant problems in terms of supply and quality"
- Improved weather conditions for Mexico blackberry season
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Use of shared and reusable “Smart Packaging” maximizes operational efficiency
Pure Flavor® - IFCO partnership ensures year-round delivery of fresh produce across North America
“IFCO is a valuable partner,” said Jason Veno, Packaging Operations Manager of Pure Flavor®. “Not only do they provide us with ‘smart packaging’ that protects and cools our products extremely well, they maximize our operational efficiency by ensuring we have an adequate supply of RPCs year-round, even during peak growing seasons. That predictability means we can continue to serve our customers and their shoppers efficiently, effectively and on time,” said Veno.
IFCO now provides Pure Flavor® with over one million RPCs annually. They are used to package fresh produce at locations in San Antonio, Texas, Romulus, Michigan, and Leamington, Ontario, and are then shipped to retailers throughout the U.S. and Canada.
“IFCO’s partnership with Pure Flavor® is based on thoughtful collaboration and the shared goal of providing consumers with a constant supply of high quality, safe, nutritious and affordable produce each- and every- day,” said Daniel Walsh, President, IFCO North America. “Our RPCs are tailor-made for growers like Pure Flavor® that want the best possible efficiency and sustainability for their packaging, and we are proud to work side-by-side with such a visionary company. We are also proud of our presence and expansion in the Canadian marketplace, as well as the supporting infrastructure we have established there to better serve our many Canadian customers.”
IFCO and Pure Flavor® have developed a forecasting model that tracks the company’s produce orders and growing seasons and ensures on-time delivery of the right number and type of RPCs throughout the year. In addition, some RPCs are stored on-site, providing the Pure Flavor® operations group with greater flexibility to manage its product flow.
Ongoing collaboration between Pure Flavor® and IFCO will continue to optimize supply chain operations, as well as reduce the companies’ environmental footprint in the months and years ahead.
IFCO and Pure Flavor® will be exhibiting at the upcoming Southern Exposure Convention & Trade Show in Tampa, FL on March 3rd. IFCO will be located at Booth #120. Pure Flavor® will be located at Booth #605.
For more information:
DSM Strategic Communications
Telephone: +1 202 309 3050
Daniela Carbone VP - Global Marketing
Telephone: +49 89 74491-323
Chris Veillon Chief Marketing Officer
Telephone:: 519 326 8444
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-07 Danish government in favor of banning thin plastic bags
- 2018-12-07 JJ Baby bell pepper gets new sustainable packaging
- 2018-12-06 More sustainable packaging for Rockit mini-apple
- 2018-12-06 Italy: Festive packaging for the Fellini Patrizio company
- 2018-12-05 Indonesian city outlaws plastic bags as campaigners push for wider bans
- 2018-12-05 Colombia: Professor designs a bag to keep fruits fresh for up to 60 days
- 2018-12-04 "Wooden packaging can already replace any other material"
- 2018-12-04 British greengrocers: "Backlash against plastic has sparked trade boom"
- 2018-12-03 Supermarkets see 80% drop in plastic bag consumption, Australia-wide
- 2018-11-30 Hort NZ says new Country of Origin Labelling laws are a big win for fruit and vegetable consumers
- 2018-11-29 Green and edible cling film
- 2018-11-29 Horticulture congratulates New Zealand Government on CoOL law
- 2018-11-29 Leading US herb producer transitions to Good Natured(R) plant-based packaging
- 2018-11-28 CKF appoints UK packaging company as exclusive distributors for Earthcycle
- 2018-11-28 Schulze wants to move the industry to combat waste
- 2018-11-28 Recognition of innovative product idea for design and functionality
- 2018-11-27 New Zealand: Plastic bags to be phased out by the middle of 2019
- 2018-11-27 Karlsruhe is still the heart of the strawberry and asparagus sectors
- 2018-11-27 Protection of our environment by packaging law
- 2018-11-27 Germany unveils five point plan to reduce plastic waste