- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
CAN (ON): Packaging partnership ensures year-round fresh produce
“IFCO is a valuable partner,” said Jason Veno, Packaging Operations Manager for Pure Flavor. “Not only do they provide us with ‘smart packaging’ that protects and cools our products extremely well, they maximize our operational efficiency by ensuring we have an adequate supply of RPCs year-round, even during peak growing seasons. That predictability means we can continue to serve our customers and their shoppers efficiently, effectively and on time”, said Veno.
IFCO now provides Pure Flavor with over one million RPCs annually. They are used to package fresh produce at locations in San Antonio, Texas, Romulus, Michigan, and Leamington, Ontario, and are then shipped to retailers throughout the U.S. and Canada.
“IFCO’s partnership with Pure Flavor is based on thoughtful collaboration and the shared goal of providing consumers with a constant supply of high quality, safe, nutritious and affordable produce each- and every- day,” said Daniel Walsh, President, IFCO North America. “Our RPCs are tailor-made for growers like Pure Flavor that want the best possible efficiency and sustainability for their packaging, and we are proud to work side-by-side with such a visionary company. We are also proud of our presence and expansion in the Canadian marketplace, as well as the supporting infrastructure we have established there to better serve our many Canadian customers.”
IFCO and Pure Flavor have developed a forecasting model that tracks the company’s produce orders and growing seasons and ensures on-time delivery of the right number and type of RPCs throughout the year. In addition, some RPCs are stored on-site, providing the Pure Flavor operations group with greater flexibility to manage its product flow.
Ongoing collaboration between Pure Flavor and IFCO will continue to optimize supply chain operations, as well as reduce the companies’ environmental footprint in the months and years ahead.
IFCO and Pure Flavor will be exhibiting at the upcoming Southern Exposure Convention & Trade Show in Tampa, FL on March 3rd. IFCO will be located at Booth #120. Pure Flavor will be located at Booth #605. Retail partners are encouraged to stop by the Pure Flavor booth to learn more about the company’s greenhouse vegetable products as well as the expansion to Georgia with a new 75-acre high tech greenhouse facility.
For more information:
P.O. Box 607, Leamington, Ontario, N8H3X4
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Girò focuses on sustainability with resistant and recyclable packaging
- 2018-12-13 New luxurious packaging for precious fruits
- 2018-12-13 Whole Foods removes PFAS chemicals from its packaging
- 2018-12-13 IFCO donates environmentally friendly RPCs worldwide
- 2018-12-13 Interesting and flashy branded fruit
- 2018-12-12 Laser marking and ultrasonic sealing as modern packaging alternatives?
- 2018-12-11 Food technology company develops ‘purposeful packaging’ to help combat food waste
- 2018-12-11 The Baby Plant and MilShake projects
- 2018-12-10 Texas-based importer to launch clamshell packaging for more products
- 2018-12-10 Elbe fruit scores with innovative Christmas packaging
- 2018-12-10 AU: BioPak struggling to keep up with demand as it expands further into the fruit and veg industry
- 2018-12-07 JJ Baby bell pepper gets new sustainable packaging
- 2018-12-07 Danish government in favor of banning thin plastic bags
- 2018-12-06 More sustainable packaging for Rockit mini-apple
- 2018-12-06 Italy: Festive packaging for the Fellini Patrizio company
- 2018-12-05 Colombia: Professor designs a bag to keep fruits fresh for up to 60 days
- 2018-12-05 Indonesian city outlaws plastic bags as campaigners push for wider bans
- 2018-12-04 "Wooden packaging can already replace any other material"
- 2018-12-04 British greengrocers: "Backlash against plastic has sparked trade boom"
- 2018-12-03 Supermarkets see 80% drop in plastic bag consumption, Australia-wide