- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Japan: Health benefits of yuzu researched
New research shows that the pips buried in the flesh of the yuzu can be used to make an oil extract which can be used to treat atopic dermatitis, or itchy skin, and perhaps even metabolic syndrome. Kochi Prefecture, the nation's top producer of yuzu, also has the medical school of Kochi University, which in 2009 teamed up with the agricultural cooperative of Umaji, a village in the prefecture, to research the health benefits of yuzu.
According to an article on asahi.com, in 2016 Kochi University obtained a patent on a drug to treat allergic dermatitis externally with an essential oil derived from yuzu seed extract. The researchers are hoping to prove its efficacy against metabolic syndrome, which manifests itself in excess body fat around the waist and is a trigger for a range of serious disorders such as stroke and diabetes.
Most yuzu weigh about 100 grams. The seeds, normally deemed to have no use, account for 10 percent of the bulk. The Umaji agricultural cooperative started to produce yuzu seed oil extract in 2006 for use as a skin lotion. In a good year the cooperative can produce between 1.6 and 2 tons of oil extract.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Five green vegetables that may help manage blood pressure
- 2018-12-12 Kiwi to treat gastrointestinal disorders
- 2018-12-11 Reducing anxiety: 7 foods that will do the job
- 2018-12-10 New studies reveal broccoli lowers your risk of heart attack, stroke and cancer
- 2018-12-06 Portuguese research into blueberry leaves affecting MS
- 2018-12-05 Antidepressant effects of food: Study discovers which foods help fight depression
- 2018-12-05 Fruit compound may strengthen abilities of stems cells in ALS patients
- 2018-12-05 'Guava against hypertension'
- 2018-12-04 Nipah virus season: Indian government issues alert
- 2018-12-04 Tropical fruit may help bipolar patients
- 2018-11-30 The colour of healthy fruits and vegetables
- 2018-11-30 Cutting onions without shedding a tear
- 2018-11-29 Anthocyanin: Purple pigment fights disease
- 2018-11-28 Iron deficiency: Tips and food stuffs that will increase haemoglobin levels
- 2018-11-26 On the importance of antioxidants
- 2018-11-26 "Vegetables as medicine - a healthy development"
- 2018-11-23 “Pomegranate works against chronic inflammation”
- 2018-11-23 Lychee: ‘Dangerous’ fruit with amazing health benefits
- 2018-11-22 Orange juice, leafy greens & berries tied to decreased memory loss
- 2018-11-22 Singapore: Fruit and vegetable consumption improving